Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Downtown) Golden Nugget

cap
By cap,
in

I called the hotel directly ahead of time and the price was $79. Unfortunately, the special as low as $59 only goes through mid-Feb. This stay is from Sun to Fri which avoids week-end crowds. Hotwire was going for $64 for this particular stay. The small difference between Hotwire and Priceline can be explained by the special deal Hotwire was offering for these exact 5 days of the week, otherwise is was more like $80, not a good deal at all. I went with PriceLine anyways because I was pretty confident the only 4* in Downtown Las Vegas was the Golden Nugget.

I used the savingsbarn link to support BetterBidding.

Thank you for sharing your win and the logic behind it.

Looks like you got a very nice deal and were almost able to get their $59/nite rate thru your own means :) Was $60 your first bid in the zone? (if not, what was your highest previously rejected bid)

Thanks again for the post and for using the SavingsBarn.com links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... hope your luck is just as good in Vegas.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I worked my way up from $45 to $59 through multiple rebids, so $60 is pretty much their lowest price that week. This trip is a Chrismas present and I needed a winning bid before Dec 24. Travelaxe reports there are no conventions in town for Feb 26-28. There are two small conferences starting March 1st with a total of 10000 attendees. Circus Circus was available for $45 everywhere but my wife is highly allergic and she needs very clean rooms so we went with the most affordable 4* we could get. I reserved a compact car with Alamo. I'm combining the Entertainment.com Contract ID with the AD14 $20 off e-coupon for a very reasonable base rate of $97/week. Hotwire is more expensive at $20/day + fees. Priceline rejected my bid at $17/d for a mid-size car so I gave up. I bought Celine Dion tickets. I can only afford seats in the boonies for $88. If you buy multiple Celine tickets or the more expensive ones, you should consider joining Celine's fan club TeamCeline. I could not wait the 7d it takes to process the application, so I paid full price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]