Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Hilton Head Island (Hilton Head Island - Oceanfront) The Beach House a Holiday Inn Resort

fishbudgreg
By fishbudgreg,
in

Priceline Express has a 3.5 star beachfront hotel TODAY (wasn't there yesterday) for $59/night. Advertised amenities include free parking, free internet, indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, business center, restaurant.

The only 3.5 star beachfront hotel I see using the better bidding tool has these amenities, FULL AMENITIES: Beachfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Is it the same hotel? From this description can you tell me what hotel it is?

Given that the Priceline Express price is $59/night what is a good starting bid should I choose to go the bidding route?

One more thing, my wife is interested in an in-room kitchen/kitchenette but I don't see this listed for any hotels I have looked at. Is there a way I can see what hotels/motels/etc. have a kitchenette?

Thanks for the help!

--Greg

NOTE that the zone for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property (assuming we are looking at the same one) is 'Hilton Head Island - Oceanfront' (not Beachfront as per your post)... my guess for this one would be the The Beach House A Holiday Inn Resort.

I believe the HOTWIRE offer is likely the same hotel.

If you are looking to bid on PRICELINE, what would be your maximum bid for this stay (so we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you'd like you could try bidding first for a 4* hotel, then if rejected re-try at the 3.5* level.

When bidding 4* or 3.5* you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Hilton Head Oceanfront...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55

If the above is rejected you can close the browser, once again use this link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try at the 3.5* level (OR try the 3.5* level from the onset)

If rejected then take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmmm...just tired it and was rejected for the $48 and $50 bid. Closed my browser and tried the $53 bid but am told "We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip". Tried the same thing in IE 11 and Firefox 34.0.5 with the same results. When I click the Priceline... link in your response below should I be choosing the "bidding" option from the resulting screen on Priceline, it doesn't take me directly to a bidding screen?

--Greg

Sorry, my mistake, should have been:

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Hilton Head Oceanfront and re-bid zone2...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55

You should be able to resume your bidding with Step #2 (the $53 bid) and it should not be treated as a duplicate.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Bidding up to $55/night was not successful so I just went with the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $59/night. Still a fantastic price for this area and oceanfront to boot! Thanks for all your help!!! I know I read this is other posts but thought I'd report that there is a mandatory additional $26 (total for 2 nights) "Hotel fee" or resort fee that will be added to the cost on check-out form the hotel.

--Greg

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the deal for this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]