Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Crystal City) Hilton Crystal City at Ronald Reagan National Airport

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

Although it is early, but seems rates are pretty reasonable for the July 4th time.

What would this 4* be in Woodley Park-Dupont Circle area?

Amenities: Indoor/Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center

Priceline Express has it at $117 Canadian Dollars a night. I had bid 4* and then 3.5* in the Woodley Park area up to $103 and no luck.

Help ID 4* Reston-Sterling Dulles July 2-6

Wondering on Hotwire what this 4* would be. Would it possibly be Westin Reston Heights? Rate is $78 US using BiddingHelper.com tool. Not sure if it is the same one listed $94 Canadian Dollars

Amenities are: Free Parking, Indoor Pool, Airport Shuttle, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet Access, Accessible for Visually Impaired, Accessible For Hearing Impaired, Accessible Path of Travel, In-Room Accessibility, Accessible Bathroom, Accessible Parking, Roll In Shower

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of this page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase... the entire thread will automatically be moved (if necessary) to the correct section of the board.

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS property, the amenities are fairly common for a 4* hotel in this zone but my guess would be the Omni Shoreham or the Palomar (difficult to have too much confidence in any guess given how common the amenities are)

For the HOTWIRE offer, i would agree with your guess of the Westin Reston Heights.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was planning to do our Canada Day July 1st in our nation's capital Ottawa and do four days in DC for July 4th. I figured hotel rates will rise as the year goes on and why not get a good rate now.

I decided since I will fly into Reagan and a couple of friends live closer to Crystal City area I would try for a hotel there.

Hotels..com and Expe.dia have the Hilton Crystal City for $94 and so I figured I would try for less than that to start.

I got it on the first try at $80 Canadian dollars. Not sure if I would have gotten for less than that but overall $379 Canadian dollars is the total cost. Where on Hotels..com and Expedia..ca the total would have been $425.

Another reason for doing it now is that our Canadian Dollar is dropping in value and if I was to wait til say March the exchange rate will be much worse.

Was $80 a good deal you think for this Hilton?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for this property (quite affordable for the DC area) and that this will work well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks to you all helping me over the past 3 years on strategies for bidding. I stayed at Omni Shoreham and Marriott Wardman on my last two trips, being my friends live out this way closer to Alexandria and Criystal City, it would be more convenient in that sense to meet up, also the airport right there and the Metro as well. I like this. Was not sure of I could have started lower than $80 but figured saving $14 a night compared to booking it without bidding is better than nothing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]