"try your bid again" message

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

I've noticed that I haven't gotten one of those "you can try your bid again without adding a zone" messages in quite some time. They always seemed a bit random, but I'm wondering if the system is now programed NOT to display those messages to "experienced" priceline users. The idea being, of course, that frequent low-ball bidders don't need the extra encouragement to keep going (usually in dollar or two dollar increments after receiving the message). I've been within a couple dollars -- when I used to receive the message -- and haven't gotten the message for several months.

It's a not a huge deal, but I did like receiving the messages. It was the best signal that "something was out there" and that you were getting close to the "right" bidding amount.

I was thinking the same thing and then last week I got the counter offer on a bid I made.

I guess you never know. Yesterday I was no further than $4 from a multi-night reservation for the following week (with only 1 "free" rebid opportunity) and I didn't get a counter-offer. That's the kind of bid you'd think the computer would be programmed to try to "close." Had I not had information from Hotwire suggesting I was close, I might have walked away.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]