Priceline Hotel: Shoerham

fas828
By fas828,
in

Hi there, i'm new to this forum and had a few questions about bidding for the Shoreham Hotel in NYC. I stayed there last year with a deal I got from Hotwire. I tried to bid on it again, using the Hotwire hotel list, but the amenities don't really match up to any hotels on hotwire at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone had any bidding strategies for Priceline that would help me get this particular hotel. My stay will be on 12/22 for just one night. Thanks everyone!!!

Hi there, i'm new to this forum and had a few questions about bidding for the Shoreham Hotel in NYC. I stayed there last year with a deal I got from Hotwire ($137 total). I tried to bid on it again, using the Hotwire hotel list on this site, but the amenities don't really match up to any hotels on hotwire at the moment. Is there something I am missing?? Have the amenities changed? Is it still listed as a Boutique hotel? I was just wondering if anyone had any bidding strategies for Hotwire (or priceline for that matter) that would help me get this particular hotel. My stay will be on 12/22 for just one night. Thanks everyone!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Hotwire will only show the lowest priced hotel at each star level in a zone, so if the Shoreham is not being offered but another hotel at the same star rating is, then the shown hotel has a lower rates for your date than the Shoreham.

When you state above you are willing to bid up to $200 for a 4*, is that for any 4* property, or only the Shoreham? I think your chances of receiving the Shoreham are slim, but i do think that you should easily be able to get a (different) hotel within your budget.

Let us know the above, as well as which zones you are willing to bid (MTE, MTW, and UM/CPS?) and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well...i was really hoping to stay at the Shoreham again just because i really like the feel and style of the hotel. It was very modern, stylish and contemporary....very different than any other hotel i've been in. So yeah, the 4* @ $200 was really in hope of getting that particular hotel. But if you have some other suggestions for hotels similar to the Shoreham, meaning more hip and stylish, I would definately be interested. MTW would be best but anywhere in midtown is really okay. Thanks as always.

Remember that the deep discounts received thru the opaque providers are in exchange for the flexibilty of not knowing the hotel beforehand (which allows hotels to fill otherwise unsold rooms at bargain rates). So, if you want to use the opaque providers, you can't choose a "Shoreham-like" property... you can only choose the zone and the minimum star rating that you are willing to accept. If you need a place that is 'hip and swank' then you may be better booking direct (how about the Westin Times Square or of the W properties (but not the W New York on the East side as it gets very mixed reviews))?

On the otherhand if price is most important i'm sure we can help you get a great deal on a 4* property... but you'll have to give up your requirement of choosing the 'style' of the property.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]