Hotwire Hotel: 4* DC (White House - Downtown) Donovan House, a Kimpton Hotel

slsokalski
By slsokalski,
in

Hi there,

We'll be travelling to DC for a couple of concerts at the Hamilton (14th & F) and it looks like the W, JW Marriot, and Intercontinental are stumbling distance from the venue.

The hotel list on this board shows W & JW Marriot as the only 4* in this zone, but I do realize the list is not 100% comprehensive.  Any tips on making it likely that one of these is the hotel we'll get? I've tried comparing amenity lists, but there seem to be so many variations for each hotel that multiple properties would fit the same description.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Unfortunately, there is no way to pinpoint a particular hotel when bidding - you have to be willing to accept anything in the zone. The hotels on the list are only the ones that have been reported to the board, there definitely may be others.

PRICELINE EXPRESS is showing a 4* in this zone, but for $162.

The cheapest 4* in the downtown area on Hot.wire is $92, with Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible. This would be the Donovan House, which looks to be about half a mile from the Hamilton. I'm seeing the Loews Madison for $112, which is a little further away at about 0.7mi. I see what appears to be the Grand Hyatt for $98, which is around 0.4MI. What appears to be the W is showing, but only when searching for 2a/2c and for $184. The prices you see may differ vs what I'm seeing; if any of these hotels are of interest, please let me know and I would be happy to point out which is which.

In terms of bidding, if you did go that route, there is the risk you may get something aside form the hotels on the list. I'm guessing a 4* in the White House-Downtown will likely take mildly-to-moderately more than a 4* in the Downtown zone.

Let us know which option would be of most interest - as well as your desired budget per night - and we would be happy to offer suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Wow-- thanks Aaron!

we were hoping to stay at or below $100 so Donovan House sounds perfect (seems like a cool property) and Grand Hyatt would work, too. However, when I look on Hotwire (through your link) I see slightly different prices/descriptions:

4* boutique hotel for $90 (42% off) with free internet/ boutique/ fitness/ pool/ restaurant/ business center/ self service laundry/ accessible path of travel

4* for $93 (34% 0ff) with indoor pool/ fitness/ pool/ restaurant/ business center/ Internet/ tennis nearby/ accessible for visually impaired/ accessible path of travel

4* for $100 (no % off listed) with fitness center/ restaurant/ business center/ internet/ spa service/ accessible for visually impaired/ accessible for hearing impaired/ accessible path of travel/ in-room accessibility

Can you help identify/translate what any of these are likely to be.  This is the part that was frustrating me when I'd try to compare listings to what others had posted :)

You will likely see different prices (and may see prices change slightly throughout the day.)

If you repeat your search using our Bidding.Helper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to a listing, you should see the full amenity set.

I'm seeing (again, you may see different prices.)

4* White House-Downtown $92 Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible. Likely Donovan.

4* WH-DT $98 Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Travel Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking. Possible match for Grand Hyatt.

4* WH-DT $103 Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible. Likely Hilton Cap Hill

If you have any questions about the above listings (or other listings), please let us know.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you so much for your help, AaronJB!

We got the Donovan House as you suspected, which looks like a really cool property.

4* boutique hotel

$89 on Hotwire tab/ $91 on Hotwire Easy View tab

90% recommendation rating

• Free Internet
  • Boutique hotel
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Self service laundry
  • Internet Access
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Accessible bathroom

Congrats on your success. :)

Fantastic deal for this property and glad you are pleased with the win! This is a Kimpton property so there's also a wine social hour at night. PRICELINE/HOTWIRE reservations are not eligible for rewards benefits, but if you sign up for Kimpton's rewards program on their website and display your rewards information at check-in, you may get free wifi.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay and have fun at the concerts.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]