Priceline Hotel: 3* New Orleans (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD

yaelb12
By yaelb12,
in

What is your minimum/desired star rating for this stay?

Also, how many kids are there in your family (and what ages)?

Keep in mind that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE would still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)... or PRICELINE EXPRESS and choose a hotel that offers the 'Bed Choice' designation with one of the room choices accommodating the needs of your family.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

PS- if you're not aware, New Orleans does have a very good (my kids liked it) Louisiana Children's Museum at 420 Julia St.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just like any metropolitan city, whether it is Philly, NY, LA, Dallas, Atlanta, Miami or Chicago, etc., you are going to have a certain amount of crime risk that will make finding an area that is completely "safe" unrealistic.

New Orleans is a fantastic family-oriented city. Just stay off of Bourbon. I believe the Warehouse/Convention Center area will fit your needs more so than the French Quarter or Downtown.

Your kids will enjoy riding the streetcars. If you have a car, then drive one evening to City Park to see the Christmas lights. Otherwise, after nightfall, you are probably are better off staying in your hotel. I hope you try to make it Uptown to spend a day at Audubon Park (pack a picnic lunch).

But I was just thinking about the risk of bidding in PRICELINE, and the occupancy limitations...

This is a decision you need to make determining how much risk you're willing to take. You'll be five guests in total, and the most that HOTWIRE will guarantee in one room is four (vs. HOTWIRE's double), so you'll be taking some risk no matter what... it comes down what amount is acceptable to you.

I would start with our BiddingHelper.com and look at rates from HOTWIRE when searching for 2adults/2children to see if anything is offered within your budget, and compare to how much extra it would cost you vs. booking double occupancy; then based upon the price difference make a decision how much the savings are worth the added risk.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you find and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! Since yesterday I see a hot deal in Hotwire - 71$ French Quarter, Bourbon street area, any ideas of which hotel is this?

I know that is risky to bid with the whole family, but I'm tempted to get a good deal... Generally hotels in US, as far as I know, have the rooms with double queen beds, which work for the 6 year old and one pack and play fit the twins ...The question is how is NOLA this time of the year, is that a popular destination for Christmas or I can make a last minute reservation?

I saw that someone got Pelham hotel for 60$ a few days ago, not sure if they still have available rooms.

Well, I think I will give a try to low price bidding in both French Quarter and Convention Center and Warehouse - arts district...Wish me luck!

The question is how is NOLA this time of the year, is that a popular destination for Christmas or I can make a last minute reservation?

Rates are already fairly low for your dates... if your plans are firm, what would be the advantage of waiting?

Since yesterday I see a hot deal in Hotwire - 71$ French Quarter, Bourbon street area, any ideas of which hotel is this?

For help with this HOTWIRE offer please include the number of adults/children you're including on your search as well as the full list of amenities (including any accessible amenities) that are associated with the offer.

BUT FIRST... are you ready to commit to a purchase for this trip at this point in time? Regardless of this HOTWIRE offer is your gameplan to try bidding on PRICELINE first?

Well, I think I will give a try to low price bidding in both French Quarter and Convention Center and Warehouse - arts district...

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know what star rating you'd like to try for first and your maximum bid, we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I'm happy to hear about the fairly low prices! The plans are firm but we are doing a long road trip with small kids, so I thought that getting closer to the date I can get a better price of a known hotel (not bidding), and also have the possibility of canceling, maybe I'm wrong about it. I'm considering doing a reservation in the Ambassador Hotel just in case, but I'm concerned about the renovations that I read about (noise and dirt), any information about that?

I would love to get advice about the bidding strategy. From my rejected bids, I've noticed that the taxes with the travel insurance (does it worth it?) is a significant amount of the overall cost. So, I would keep trying on bidding, if I can get at least a 3 star hotel, in French Quarter or Convention Center and Warehouse, for at most 70$ including taxes and insurance(not sure about this). So the max bid till now was less than 60, what are your thoughts?

So we don't duplicate any of your previous efforts, what zone(s), star ratings, and bid amounts have you already made?

Also, to avoid any confusion, what is your maximum bid amount (before any taxes, fees, insurance, etc)

If your bids are not successful, what 'regular rate' hotel do you think you can get for anywhere near $60/nite? (use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to get an easy overview of rates for your dates in any given area) Even the Ambassdaor hotel (which is only 2.5* rated by PRICELINE) would start at $105-$114/nite for a room that could accommodate your family (as the $96 rate is for a room with only one Queen sized bed... and don't forget this property also has a $10/day resort fee)

I've tried

1:French Quarter - 4 stars $45

2: added Convention center $48

3: added 31/2 star $52

4: added 3 star $54.

Maximum bid 56.

I don't think I can get anything for 60$/night, maybe 80-90... I called Ambassador, it seems to be very dusty right now, and I can get a discount of AAA but have to pay for extra beds 25$. So it doesn't sound as a good backup plan anymore...

Why bid as high as $90 when:

1) there are at least four 3.5* and 4* hotels on PRICELINE EXPRESS in the $76-$87 range

2) or similarly 3.5/4* hotels on HOTWIRE starting at $72 where you can book for 2adults/2children and have less concern about the bedding situation for your entire family

HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be The Blake for $87/nite (for quad occupancy)

Based upon this offer, and my comments above, what would you want to use as your maximum bid price?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal at this property and that you're happy with the results... i assume at some point in the bidding process you included the 'Downtown' zone in your bidding?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]