Hotwire Hotel: Suites?

Jleatherman
By Jleatherman,
in

There is only one "all-suite" property at the 4* or above level in the city (the Omni), which doesn't always appear via the discount services. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing it on PRICELINE EXPRESS or Hot.wire for these dates.

Regular rate for the Omni is $152. To give some ideas, I'm seeing what appears to be the Hyatt Mag Mile for $82 on Hot.wire, as well as the Kinzie (which offers free breakfast) for $107.  Please let me know if either of these would be of interest and I would be happy to point out which listing is which on Hot.wire. You may see slightly different rates than I do.

Given that what appears to be the Hyatt Mag Mile is showing for $82 on Hot.wire, you could likely get it - or something comparable - for in the $70's.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any suites downtown on PRICELINE EXPRESS or Hot.wire, but would the price difference in a discount regular room be of interest vs a regular rate suite?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please use the site's Support Page links to start your purchase if you do book regular rate.

Also, please let me know if you have any Chicago questions - I'm very familiar with the area.

Unless otherwise noted, all PRICELINE and HOTWIRE reservations are for 'standard rooms'. You can try searching HOTWIRE and seeing if there is anything offered with a Suite amenity listed, but currently i don't see anything in the heart of the city for your dates (only in the outlying suburbs)

There is some strange pricing over these dates as the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown is $209/nite for your dates and the Embassy Suites Lakefront is $399/nite... but extend your trip one day 11/25-11/29 and the rates drop to $159 and $149 respectively; any chance you able/want to make this a 4 day trip? :unsure:

Do you currently have a back-up plan?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is no way to know if rates will come down closer to the stay. With shopping downtown post-Thanksgiving, rates may hang around these levels but there's no way to know. You can use our RateDrop.com service to get alerts if rates (Hot.wire, PRICELINE EXPRESS and regular rate listings) come down.

Would the Embassy Suites idea above be of any interest? Are you only interested in the Omni?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

When I look at 11/25-28, I'm seeing a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Pet Friendly. This would be a possible match for the Westin River North. If so, that's an excellent hotel. I'm also seeing a 4.5* Mag Mile N-WT area hotel w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business for $82. This would likely be the Hyatt Mag Mile (on St Clair). For 11/26-29, I'm seeing the potential Hyatt, but not the potential Westin.

While Hot.wire prices are similar, reg rate prices are noticeably cheaper on 11/25-28 instead of 11/26-29. The Omni is $135, but I think something worth considering as an alternative is the Hilton Suites for $99. That's not a 4*, but it's an awfully nice 3.5* in a great location a block from Water Tower. Also, the Embassy Suites properties (both of which are nice, I think the Downtown location on State is more convenient) are $119.

Please use the site's Support Page links to start purchases and searches if you book regular rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]