Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Richmond (Innsbrook) Fairfield Inn Richmond Northwest

clmssun
By clmssun,
in

The only amenities which were promised on the Priceline Name Your Own Price bidding screen were "2.5 Star" with "Free Parking" and "7+ Average Review Rating".

After winning my bid, Priceline lists the amentiies as follows: Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Free Parking, Pet Friendly, Indoor Pool, Non-Smoking, Gym, Handicap Accessible, Business Center.

This looks to be a fine place with rates "from $94/night".

I apologize if this topic/forum is not the proper place for my following comments, but I would like to add:

I was highly intrigued by a Priceline Express deal for a 2* in Richmond/Innsbrook for $36. I did some researching, and I had a hunch it would be the Extended Stay America. From my research, this ESA is not a very nice property. Therefore I raised my bid to $48 (+33%!) and raised my star-level to 2.5* to ensure I would not get that "2*" ESA. Other ESA's are rated as 1*. I notice that Better Bidding has two ESA's on their Priceline/Virginia/Richmond hotel lists, one with 2* and one with 1*. While I cannot have 100% certainty that the $36 deal was the 2* ESA (bad property), I believe that it was, and I was disappointed Priceline would offer that.

I do expect to be quite pleased with this $48 2.5* Fairfield. Multiple reviewers suggest that it could be upgraded to 3*.

• 3 weeks later...

We were very pleased with this hotel and the Priceline price we named.

The amenities were exactly as described in my opening post here. The bed was very comfortable. The television was (at least) 42" LCD with a good selection of channels. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave oven. The room was very clean; however, the room had clearly been smoked in "at some point in the past." Free WiFi was nice. The place was pet friendly -- which we liked, though we were not traveling with our pets this time. (We saw a couple dogs, but never heard them obtrusively.) There is an indoor pool, a bit small, but would be good for young kids. The desk in the room was small; this was not a business trip for us, so that was not a problem for us. We never inspected the business center. The HVAC unit in the room maintained a nice temperature, but it would occasionally (bu repeatedly) make "flapping" noises. We had no noise problems from our hallway, but we could hear some low-level noises from above. The free breakfast was terrific: scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, do-it-yourself waffles, bagels, pastries, cold cereal, oatmeal, fruit, a variety of yogurts, coffee, tea. Nice large dining room for the breakfast. Good location, easily accessible to I-64 and US-250 (Broad St.).

We would definitely stay here again. I hope I can properly deduce this hotel when perusing Priceline and Hotwire listings in the future.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]