Priceline Hotel: 4.5* DC (Downtown) Loews Madison Hotel

lacal
By lacal,
in

I saw that someone was able to get it for $110 on HW.  HW is not showing anything even close to that.  I'm confused as I never use HW and have only used PL where you bid on the hotels--do you not bid on HW?

I read the Washington DC Zones thread and I don't really want to get the Omni as it looks old and I'll be staying at this place with my gf so something hip/chic is preferred.

Dates are: 11/14-16

Willing to consider other areas in cool/safe neighborhoods that are walking/quick train ride distance to sites and places to eat

Don't really want to spend more than $125 a night including taxes/fees.

Would like it if they had a free shuttle pick up from/to airport.

Please let me know the best option and way to go about this. 

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline Venice and Frankfurt hotel threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those stays, then reply here and we'll have a look at and comment on your trip above.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc. as this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When 'closing' your threads please include what you did do for the stay... not just what you didn't do. ;)

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

However, using our BiddingHelper.com tool the least expensive 4* or better in the 'core' area of DC is priced over your budget at $132/nite (i'm guessing the Loews Madison for this one)... same price offered for this Priceline Express Offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com if you decide to book a 'regular rate' property.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

11/14-11/16

3.5 Star in North Georgetown-Foggy Bottom

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Seems to be the cheapest out of all these areas for those dates and 3 star+.  Maybe there is something going on that weekend there. 

North Georgetown - Foggy Bottom

Dupont Circle - Embassy Row

White House - Downtown

Georgetown

....I'm confused as I never use HW and have only used PL where you bid on the hotels--do you not bid on HW? 

Would like it if they had a free shuttle pick up from/to airport.

No, you do not bid on HOTWIRE.  There are offers at different star levels and different zones.  It is simply take-it-or-leave-it.  

Besides the bidding on PRICELINE with which you are already familiar, there is a feature new since the last time you posted here - PRICELINE EXPRESS or "PE".  It is quite similar to HW - offers with prices listed, and you either accept or not.

For both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS, the amenities are shown so you can check for ones with an airport shuttle.  Also, as thereuare mentioned, if you post here with the amenities it often is possible to make a good guess as to which hotel you might receive.

Price.line bidding can be a little less expensive, but the advanced knowledge of PE and HW can be worth the difference.  And sometimes PE and/or HW are actually less.  

Romelle

A new amenity set and upgrade to the 3.5* of the Savoy Suites would be my guess for this one. However, i am seeing 4* and 4.5* hotels for not much more than this in the White House-Downtown and Capitol Hill-National Mall zones... would either of these other locations work for your needs?

For instance this 4.5* in the White House-Downtown zone for just $1 more than the one above and also has a 4.5/5.0 TA rating:

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... The Madison a Loews would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

On Hot.wire, I'm seeing what appears to be the Madison for $132 and a listing for $140 that may be the Liason. While not exactly what you were looking for in terms of price, would either of these be of interest? The Madison gets excellent reviews. The potential Madison is the cheapest option in the 4* and above category.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

thereuare- 1). How did you get your amenities to go down when pasted? 2) The below amenities look to be the same in the White House Downtown Area but it's showing for $130 now.  Which brings me to my 3rd question-is it sometimes better to wait closer to the day of as prices tend to drop or based on your knowledge is that not the case very often?

on HWEV:  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

The Madison is saying it's $14 train $20 taxi ride to their hotel.  So that's an additional $28-40 tacked on b/c they do not have shuttle service.  In HWEV I can't search by those with shuttles (maybe I need to open each "Full Amenities Click Here" but the few I did open were not showing a shuttle.  In PLE I can search for the keyword shuttle and some did have one but of course not in the area I'm looking.

Not very familiar with DC but would like to be able to walk around, see the sites, eat lunch/have a drink in a hip neighborhood.  I guess White House Downtown is ok for this.

You can just paste the amenities horizontally, although if you really wanted to Excel has a 'transpose' feature.

You're not likely going to find airport shuttle service provided in the 'downtown' and 'hip' neighborhoods that you more likely want to stay as it's not a common amenity for 'downtown' hotels. The hotels that provide shuttles are more likely near the airports (DC traffic can be brutal and a late shuttle will only upset guests, as well as they don't want to be paying drivers to be sitting in traffic)... i would exclude the goal of a shuttle from this stay if you're looking to stay in a 'cool' area as you've indicated.

Please keep all posts within this thread - thanks.

I'm not seeing the $96 3* when searching this evening, are you still seeing it? If so, how many people are you searching for?

The other Georgetown 3* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. A guess would be the Hilton Garden Inn Georgetown, but that would definitely be just a guess and it very well may be something else.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I just posted this hotwire hotel win a few minutes ago (on the Wash DC Hotwire BetterBidding page).  I got it thru HW's Hot Secret Rates.  As indicated above, you can't bid on those rates... but I just kept my eye on the location (Dupont-Embassy Row), 4.5* hotels with the amentities listed below for a week or so.  Yes, it was a "crap shoot" as to which hotel I was actually going to be given (because they are kept secret until you pay for it)... but the gamble paid off.  There are only a few 4.5* hotels in that area of DC, so figured my chances were decent.

The following are the listed amenities:

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found some thing that works for your budget and needs for this trip.

As you marked this as a PRICELINE EXPRESS win, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE associated with this property and showed before your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Hope you had a good stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]