Priceline Hotel: Santa Monica right by pier or 3rd street promenade

whizdumb
By whizdumb,
in

Hello, I'm trying to find a hotel right in the pier or 3rd street promenade area. We want to be able to walk to those areas from our hotel within 5-10 minutes. Is there a way that I secure a hotel via priceline bidding or hotwire? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2-4 star level is fine. I know that the areas always seem to include marina del ray area. That's the issue I'm having.

Thanks for your help!!

If you bid in an area, you have to be willing to stay at any hotel in the zone at the star rating chosen. If you search on Hot.wire, you can make an educated guess as to what is showing, but you are limited to the hotels offered for your dates.

Please provide your date/s of travel and your desired budget per night.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the follow up. We are looking at the dates January 4-9 2015. We would like to spend up to $250 per night in total including taxes and fees. But spending less or a bit more is an option as well. If you could help identify a hotwire hotel that most probably would be by the areas I've indicated then that would be great.

Thanks again for the help.

When searching HOTWIRE for your dates i'm seeing a 3.5* for $224/nite with:

Free Internet

Near Beach

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Wyndham Santa Monica at the Pier

For a bit more $258/nite i'm also seeing this 4* hotel:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my guess here would be the Hotel Shangri La Santa Monica.

Do either of the above work for your needs? If not, you can also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will show you hotels near almost any address in the world, and the interface makes it very easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, thanks for your help and suggestions. 

The Wyndham would be a nice hotel, but it is a bit above my price range.  I forgot to mention that I'm from Canada, so the exchange rate throws off the numbers.  I'm considering the Wyndham though.  How certain would you be that your guess is correct?  :)  I'm seeing it as $256 CDN/night

I've read that sometimes some people are able to get an additional 10% off booking through better bidding.  Would this apply to my scenario?

Also, I'm looking at something a bit cheaper a 3* at $207 CDN/night with the following amenities and also says ocean front:

70% recommended

Free Internet
    Oceanfront hotel
    Business center
    Internet access
    Golf nearby
    Tennis nearby
    Accessible for visually impaired
    Accessible for hearing impaired
    Accessible path of travel
    In-room accessibility
    Wheelchair accessible
    Accessible bathroom
    Accessible parking

And also another 3* at $208 CDN/night with the following:

Still gathering reviews

Free parking
    Free Internet
    Fitness center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Internet access
    Accessible for visually impaired
    Accessible for hearing impaired
    Accessible path of travel
    Wheelchair accessible
    Accessible bathroom
    Accessible parking

In Santa Monica for these dates, I'm seeing a 3* for $175 w/Oceanfront, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking. Would likely be the Ocean View.

There's also a 3* for $177 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking. That listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board.

Do either of these work for your needs this stay?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]