Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* DC (White House - Downtown) The State Plaza Hotel

savitar
By savitar,
in

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a hotel in downtown Washington DC, details are : 

- 3.5*

- 90% recommended (60 reviews)

- Facilities are Free internet, Fitness Centre, restaurant, Business centre

- Tripadvisor 4 / 5 with 500+ reviews

Based on the wins, it looks like it will be the Hamilton Crowne Plaza but as Crowne charges for internet and has 800+ reviews on hotwire it threw me a little.

Any advice / thoughts greatly appreciated. 

The previous post you are referring to was 18 months ago so I really can't remember what the decision was in the end.

Which is why we ask that you 'close' your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them. ;) This helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as is evidenced by that previous thread, as you can see another did try to use the information there for their own trip.

If you check your PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE trip history (the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of each of their home page) do you see any purchases for May 18-23,2013? (or for any sub-set of this date range)

The dates of travel for this request are 12th and 13th of November.

To confirm... two nites, check-in Nov 12 and check-out Nov 14? (or just a one nite stay of Nov 12?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The thereuare, 

I checked and don't have a booking for that time so I think I went with one of the corporate rates my company at the time had.....Would you like me to update the thread to close out?

You are correct, I am looking at two nights, sorry that was not clear...

Would you like me to update the thread to close out?

Yes, please.

...but as Crowne... has 800+ reviews on hotwire

Are you commenting from a previous purchase you have seen OR are you referring to 800+ reviews at TripAdvisor?

Also, are you on the US version of HOTWIRE? If not, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOT.WIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOT.WIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Using the method above what is the room rate per nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I purchased the same listing yesterday (actually for the same dates) for $169.   The hotel was the State Plaza Hotel (3,5*, Downtown/Whitehouse, 90% approval), which happened to be located at the opposite end of the zone I was hoping for. I did not see this hotel listed anywhere at 3.5* (on BetterBidding, it is currently 3*).

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Russ-

I purchased the same listing yesterday...

Thanks for your post.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. (this is also what will trigger us to update the Hotwire Hotel List... we can't update what you don't let us know about ;) )

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

I purchased a Hotwire hotel in Downtown/Whitehouse zone for $169.   The hotel was the State Plaza Hotel (3.5*, Downtown/Whitehouse, 90% approval). The amenities are listed, below.

Hotel Amenities:

Free Internet
    Fitness center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Internet access

Thanks,

-Russ-

savitar,

My apologies, but this thread was ultimately used to reflect nails purchase, if you'd like further help with, or to report your own win for this trip, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]