Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center) Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

gafiltafish
By gafiltafish,
in

Used the PRICELINE link. For a few days I was trying to get a a 2 star-3.5 star hotel in Gaslamp for this day for a Halloween event I'm going to in Gaslamp. I knew I would be drinking, so I decided not to commute from the hotel I'm staying in now which is in La Mesa and a very expensive cab drive (Uber and Lyft will be surging probably more than a cab!). Was originally trying for the 2 star Gaslamp (not Gaslamp Convention Center) which is the Comfort Inn (stayed there before), but decided to pay a little more for the Hilton which would be much more quiet than the Comfort Inn (I expect a lot of people will continue partying there!!). This was also going for $94 on Hotwire, and I believe $105 on Priceline Express. Bid $85 the day of my stay. I probably could have done $75 but that would have been my last chance bidding for my stay. 

Found a parking garage right near it which would cost me less than $20 a night. 

Very happy with the price and now can just walk to my event instead of waiting for a bus, walking alone in parts of town I don't know, as well as paying to have a ride. This also seemed be overall a much more convenient option for me instead of staying in Downtown in Marina, paying to park there, and then get a ride (I think if I did that I would have probably just saved around $10 which isn't worth it to me when it's a quick walk). 

Gaslamp hotels are very expensive on Halloween especially when it's on a Friday!! 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]