Priceline airfare for age 17 minor?

WilliamK
By WilliamK,
in

It depends whether you're referring to bidding for an 'opaque' ticket OR a regular 'retail' ticket. (see the last section of the quote box below)

Current at time of posting from this PRICELINE AIRFARE FAQ:

Can minors travel without an adult?

Yes! We can book tickets for passengers between 15 and 17 years old without an accompanying adult on many flights. We recommend that where possible, unaccompanied minors avoid travelling on the last flight of the day, or on connecting flights.

Children less than 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or older) when traveling on tickets purchased through us.

For Name Your Own Price bookings, Express Deals, or on other reservations where the flight times are not disclosed pre purchase, passengers traveling alone must be 18 years or older.

(emphasis added by me)

So if bidding for a ticket this would not be allowed, but if purchasing a 'regular' ticket it should be fine. While some may take the chance with an opaque ticket, I wouldn't do it (i'm also fairly conservative), as there are just too much security issues these days which would increase the chance of something going wrong, imo.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]