Priceline Hotel: 4* Oahu (Waikiki Beach Waikiki City Central)

belindai
By belindai,
in

1. Are you able to help give me an idea what price you think it would like take for a win in each waikiki zone below?

11/19/14-11/23/14

- 4.5* waikiki beach (PL retail $387-415 Sheraton, Westin)

- 4* waikiki beach (PL retail $260-541 Marriott, Outriggers, Hilton VIllage, Aston WB tower)

- 4* waikiki city central (PL retail $234-241 ? Hyatt, Hilton)

2. The name your own price side does list 4.5* waikiki beach zone, however, the PL retail list view doesn't seem to show 4.5* against hotel names (only 4*). Do you know if I have guessed the star rating correctly above, ie. which hotels are included in star rating and zones? Or does 4.5* no longer exist?

Thanks!

1. Are you able to help give me an idea what price you think it would like take for a win in each waikiki zone below?

4.5* waikiki beach

4* waikiki beach

4* waikiki city central

4.5* $250-$300 (but may need near top of range and may be upgraded to 5* level, see further comments below)

4* Waikiki Beach $200-$225

4* City Central $160-$180

2. The name your own price side does list 4.5* waikiki beach zone, however, the PL retail list view doesn't seem to show 4.5* against hotel names (only 4*). Do you know if I have guessed the star rating correctly above, ie. which hotels are included in star rating and zones? Or does 4.5* no longer exist?

You can see the Priceline Hotel List for all hotels reported to the board within each zone as well as the last known star rating.

Note that the 'retail' side of PRICELINE and the bidding side of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels, so you can use the retail side as a finite list of what you may potentially get when bidding. With this noted, where are a few situations where it's believed that PRICELINE will show a star rating as a possibility in a given zone even though they don't have hotels in the zone available (if correct, one scenario is if they have 5* and 4* hotels available but not 4.5* hotels, they may still still show the 4.5* rated as being available)... this is the scenario above and it's speculated that they may not be any 4.5* hotels in this zone and any winning 4.5* bid would be upgraded to the 5* level. HOWEVER, NOTE that it's impossible to prove this theory, only disprove the theory if/when a 4.5* hotel is actually seen reported to the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

PS- can you please follow-up your previous Hotwire Santa Monica thread with whatever you did do for that trip (not just what you didn't do)... this helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as may give others an idea of what to consider if they are having trouble with finding a hotel in the same area for their own trips. Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed up my Santa Monica thread.

I bid on 5* and 4.5* waikiki beach just to test it out up to $165 no success.

I am thinking of bidding 4* waikiki beach next. In your experience does the marriott get reported as a 4* WB win more often than the other hotels in the zone? Apparently waikiki is very popular this week and is about 70% reserved.

The Marriott does appear to get reported a fair amount, but there's no guarantees. Properties often come up frequently and then they suddenly don't, sometimes for a while. You have to be willing to accept any of the hotels at the star rating chosen in the zone/s picked.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Can you please close this thread.

I'm not going to go ahead with bidding. I bid up to $265 on 4.5* and 5* with no success. I was thinking of bidding 4* but didn't want to risk getting the marriott as it was the lowest priced hotel and as bidding $200-225 was close to direct rates for the marriott. Rates are very heavily booked for this period so thought my chances bidding weren't looking very good. Decided to book direct the outrigger with a reasonable rate no resort fees and less then I had bid up to.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]