Priceline Hotel: 3* Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Aston At Papakea Resort

sleepless2
By sleepless2,
in

I used the bidding links.  I just needed one night on Maui to carry me between two stays at my own condo at Honua Kai, and I found Expedia & Aston offering 1 night for $135 + $18 resort fee.  At 3* there's no free bidding zones, so I tried 3.5* which has 3 but I only used two before quitting

3.5* Kaanapali $90

Kaanapali+Kahului $100

Kaanapali+Kahului+Kihei N $110

3.0* Kaanapali $90 -> accepted with $20 taxes = $110.  I'm not sure if the header should read $90 or $110 but $90 is what I actually bid.

I guess I should have started lower but I was thinking it was too highly unlikely.  Learn from my lesson.  I was also surprised how Hotwire offered what I think was the same resort for $109, but when I clicked on it the taxes & fees carried it up to $135, and that wasn't including the resort fee!  I'm happy I saved $25 off of $135 = 15%, but wished I had started a little lower.  Actually, since there was no free bid zones that actually was the only choice unless I wanted to spread it out over mutliple days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]