Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

photomikey
By photomikey,
in

Hi,

I read a post in another thread in which ThereUAre mentioned Priceline was not always the greatest deal when staying in Vegas. He invited posts to this forum, where more knowledgable folks would advise others on how to get the best deals.

My girlfriend and I are hoping to stay in Vegas for a few days around Christmas. We'd like to arrive on the 23rd, and depart on the 25th, but would consider coming on the 22nd or departing on the 26th if it were cost effective.

We're looking for a 4* or 5* hotel... we would prefer near the strip, but would entertain other areas based on price.

We probably won't gamble much, but typically walk the strip and shop; also, lay around the room and relax.

Any advice you can give is appreciated. Thanks!!

Edit: I'm not opposed to splitting bids.

I think you have a chance for a good price at the 5* level for 12/22-12/24... but not so much for the nite of 12/24 onwaard.

If you'd like to try for a 5* for those dates you have 7 re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Strip...

Bid $99, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135.

It may take the entire bidding process, and although you may not be successful at $99, i think you have a good chance in the $110-$125 area. You can stop the above strategy at whatever level you feel comfortable (that is within your budget). You can also first try the above for 12/22-12/25 and then for 12/22-12/24, but it depends how much you 'enjoy' the bidding process.

For the nite of 12/24 (and perhaps beyond, i didn't look for further dates as i didn't know if your budget would allow for an extra nite or not if you were successful with the above prices):

Harrahs can be had for $86/nite

Treasure Island can be had for $119/nite.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and how you make out if you try the bidding above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, here's how it went:

For 12/22-12/25 (three nights):

bid $99, rejected

bid $109, rejected

Changed dates to 12/23-12/25

bid $109, rejected

back to 12/22-12/25

bid $119, rejected.

At this point, my girlfriend got cold feet and we stopped bidding.

Venetian, on their website, lists $179, on Hotwire it's $167.

At some point, Hotwire countered with $150-something.

We're looking for 4*'s now, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet that I get back to bidding after my girlfriend goes to sleep. I'm a man of limited means, but who appreciates luxury, and the last time we stayed at a 5* I was amazed.

Thanks for all your help.

Glad you got the two nites settled at the Venetian and at a good rate.

If you still want to stay for the nite of the 24th let us know (start a NEW TOPIC for that date) and we'll take a closer look, although i think the two suggestions above are quite reasonable. I have stayed at Harrah's and it was fine... may be tough to move there from the Venetian, but it has a great strip location and is pretty cheap thru the link above (cheaper than the hotel's website) which would enable you to extend your trip by an extra day.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]