Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hyatt Regency Penns Landing

christianne
By christianne,
in

Had a strange experience tonight with Priceline. I placed a bid for a 3* property in Center City at $45; I anticipated getting either the Wyndham or the Marriott Downtown, both of which I've stayed at numerous times. My offer was rejected, but I had the opportunity to rebid if I upped my offer by $13. I did so, and got a message saying that not only was my offer accepted, but that I'd been upgraded to the 4* level and booked at the Hyatt Penn's Landing. Although the Hyatt is apparently pretty nice, it's not really very convenient for my plans. I wish I had known that I was running the risk of winning that property when I upped the bid--I don't think I've read of this happening before, though I'm sure it must have--because I'd probably just laid low for 72 hours and rebid. C'est la vie--for that price, and at such a lovely property, how can I really complain?

Thank you for posting your win to the board.

This is not strange at all, and happens often. The star rating you select is the minimum that you are willing to accept. In fact, it is believed that Priceline always checks to see if your bid is enough to be accepted at the highest rated hotel in the area, then progress downward until your minimum star rating.

It is quite possible, and likely given the above scenario, that the Hyatt was cheaper than any of the 3* hotels in the area.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]