Priceline Hotel: 3* Jersey City (Jersey City) Doubletree Club

dolphin89
By dolphin89,
in

Is it ture that there are only two 4* hotels in Downtown-soho area?

I will be OK for all downtown-soho area.

I try to limit myself below $150/per night, but, maybe $200, :)

Alternately, maybe some 3* hotels in NYC? My concerns are size/room conditions.

Another choice is a 4* in jersey city/hoboken, in NJ

Thanks for quick help!

Happy Holiday!

Is it ture that there are only two 4* hotels in Downtown-soho area?

Please read the comments at the top of the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST.

You've headed in a LOT of directions above...

As i'm quite familiar with the area, and the Downtown/SoHo area is not one which is bid particularly often, what exactly is the purpose of the this trip? Why do you believe the Downtown/SoHo area is the best for your stay? Why are you restricting yourself to only one area of NYC?

Are you intending on having more than double occupancy in the room (that room size is of high importance... expect a smaller room, sometimes much smaller, than you're accustomed to when staying in NYC)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In that case, I have two other plans:

One is staying at Jersey City/Hoboken area, where I can get access to the PATH. I notice there are two 4* hotel under PL.

Second is the WoodBridge/Edison, where I know the area a little bit. I believe there are two 3* hotles under PL.

Any suggestion for the bidding price?

The 'problem' is that you don't know if you'll get a hotel that can only accomodate two people until it's too late... so you have to make a decision beforehand of how much risk you're willing to take.

If you bid for NYC on Priceline and get a hotel that can't accomodate the four of you (which you may not actually know until you show up), you're still stuck with paying for that room.

You run the risk of not getting quad occupancy at any hotel you receive thru Priceline as only double occupancy is guaranteed... although the risk is certainly much great in NYC than in other areas.

Hotwire does allow you to search for quad occupancy although it often increases the price (even at the same hotel) vs. searching for double occupancy.

I've checked some of your dates above and you can get quad occupancy at a 4* in Jersey City for ~$105/nite (works for any two nites of your stay except beginning on 12/29), which is the same as when searching for double occupancy. This price may be a little higher than you would pay on Priceline, but also guarantees sleeping accomodations for the four of you.

If you'd like to take the chance and still use Priceline we can suggest a strategy for you to try, just let us know if you'd like to go that route or take the Hotwire offer above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks,

I have two very young kids, as long as I have a double beds, It should be OK.

Previously, I won the couple times at MTW/Hilton by the muilple zone bidding stratege suggested on this webside, and it works for me and the room size of Hilton/MTW is OK.

I aim the Hilton/Millenium at this time (It cost less?), but I never stay there before, and I need to develop a new bidding stratege for that zoon area.

Anyway, It is a last minute planning. Thanks for the help.

as long as I have a double beds, It should be OK

This would be one of the better case scenarios... not the expected.

A 'problem' (and possibility) would occur if there was only one bed in the room (and it could be a double bed at that). Would your kids, and more importanly you and your spouse, be 'ok' with the kids sleeping on the floor?

I'm still not clear as to what area you decised to choose at this point... NYC or Jersey City.

Congratulations on your win.

This hotel is not adjacent to the PATH train as the Hyatt is, but it's a short walk to the Pavonia/Newport station. If it's too cold to walk you could also take the light rail 2 stops to the PATH station next to the Hyatt.

Enjoy your stay.

richs_ca,

How difficult is it to get from Hoboken to Manhatten? Is it easy to get there late at night? How much does it cost?

See this thread: Staying in NJ, Visiting NYC

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]