Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

lmasterz
By lmasterz,
in

Please follow-up your previous threads with whatever you ended up doing for each trip:

Michigan Marriott

Priceline UCLA

Car Rental LAX

... then reply here and we will have a look at your stay above.

Concluding your threads helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone that took the time to help with your trip.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and there is a 7% OFF code in my signature for PRICELINE EXPRESS which expires tomorrow, but can travel at any time)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is a 10K attendee conference ending 10/30 and a 65K attendee conference which beings 11/2. As many coming from out of town will stay a day after the conference to relax and/or arrive a day early to prepare, i suspect these would be a factor in the higher rates you're seeing for these dates vs. dates later in the month.

Is there a specific PRICELINE EXPRESS property that is currently offered that is of interest and within your budget? What is your maximum budget per nite for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

For 10/30-11/1 PRICELINE EXPRESS has:

4* NMA for $136/nite less 7% discount in my signature

4* Loop for $101/nite less 7% discount in my signature

If go for the 2nd one that is about $100 total less than your budget over the 3 nites. You can then use this saving for:

4* NMA for $247/nite

You would need to change htoels during your trip, but this would get you very close to your budget and be in 4* hotels for your complete stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Ok, so I did a search for Oct 30 - Nov. 1. I am trying to close down Hyatt Regency. I looked into the 4* Priceline hotel list, Hyatt Regency comes with Business center and fitness center, which is the same thing I am getting in the Priceline Express deal. Is it possible to get another hotel which is not featured on the hotel list?

Thoughts?

Is it possible to get another hotel which is not featured on the hotel list?

Yup - has happened to me several times.  Some hotel simply may have never been reported yet.  One might just decide to start participating in PL.  One from a slightly lower or higher star level might get changed.  There might be a change in the zone boundaries and that hooks in a new hotel.  New construction.  New owner and new name.  Probably some other reasons.

And existing hotels can change their lists of amenities.

Romelle

Those are common amenities for every hotel in the zone at that star rating. The Hyatt has been reported to the board with those amenities, but it could very easily be another hotel not yet reported to the board or a new amenity set for one previously reported.

It may be the Hyatt, but if you get a different hotel in the zone, the zone's size makes it more than easy to get to the Hyatt via a quick cab ride.

I *do*, however, see a 4* in the Downtown-Millennium Park-Grant Park area for 10/30-11/1 on HOTWIRE for $96 (you may see a slightly different price) w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower. This amenity set has been seen with the Hyatt on Wacker previously, so that would be a more distinct possibility in that case.

Let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you receive the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results (looks like a nice deal given the convention(s) in town).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]