WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

This is for a 3* hotel, with a 7+ rating, with these amenities:

Free Internet

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

This would be a great deal if it's the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown (rated 8.3), but not so good a deal if it's the Pickwick (however, that's rated 6.9 on Priceline's transparent side, but would they round up?). Any other options? What do you think it might be? (Clicked through the link at the top right to search.)

Hi WillTravel :)

I doubt it's the Courtyard... PRICELINE doesn't typically round-up their review rating, but what is possible is that the user review rating recently dropped below 7.0 and the PRICELINE EXPRESS of their service has not yet been updated to reflect the change. I'd wait a few days to see if this offer is still available and/or if the 7.0 stays as it is. If all is the same in a few days, i think this may be a different property.

Do note the coupon code i just added to my signature which would give you an extra 7% OFF of PRICELINE EXPRESS, so you could test the waters with a 2 nite purchase (the minimum required for the 7% OFF) to test the waters and 'look behind the curtain'.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks thereuare. 

I am slightly curious what Priceline would do if it were the Pickwick at 6.9, and I bought it on the strength of it being 7+. However, I think I will postpone action on this one. This looks like it is a relatively cheap time for San Francisco (I've seen hotel prices that were 3x or even 4x what they are for this particular time period), and I have a backup plan, so I don't want to rush for anything that is not obviously a good deal. 

I will update when I make my decision. 

I can't say what PRICELINE would do, but i do think that they would offer a refund (or some other credit if you would keep the reservation)... one issue though would be if the user review rating of the hotel reverted back to 7.0 (based upon new reviews received) while you waited for PRICELINE to look into the issue.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I discussed this stay with my daughter and we decided that to ensure harmony on this mother-daughter trip :), we`d go for a room that was guaranteed to have two beds. So I have booked a private room with two beds at the HI Hostel Downtown at 312 Mason (super-central location). I`ve stayed there before and it`s clean and pleasant. I think it was highly likely that we`d have been at least able to get a rollaway, if not two beds, with the Pickwick, but this way we are sure. Sometimes PRICELINE EXPRESS choices have a bed choice option, so I`ll take a look now and then, as I have a cancellable booking. 

By the way, I monitored the price and I saw prices ranging from $80 to $85 to $94 to $110 to $160! Some of these are in USD, and some in Canadian dollars, but I`m not sure which is which at this point. So all I can say is buyer beware.

It's not a thrilling choice, but it works. I booked the Opal with a CheapTickets 20% off code (FALLFUN), which allowed me to ensure I get a hotel with two beds. I chose a cancellable option that worked out to $95+taxes/night, so it's possible that I can find a better deal before January. I'm sure there are good 4* bargains with bidding, but the fact I can't be sure of two beds is stopping me. 

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]