Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Phoenix (Tempe South) Clarion Hotel Phoenix Tech Center

babydaddyx69
By babydaddyx69,
in

So I've been looking at express deals on priceline.

A 3.5 star shows up for $50 amenities include pool internet and restaurant

A 2.5 star is $40. Amenities are pool free breakfast internet parking shuttle

Does anyone know which hotels these maybe?

I'm thinking 3.5 doubletree and 2.5 best western plus

I went all the way to $38 bidding 2.5 star and no go.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Then reply to this thread with the dates of your stay above and we'll have a look at these offers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh sorry for not posting dates.

Its going to be October 21-29

Was thinking of just buying one night 2 see what comes up.

Plus I have coupon for 10 percent off express deal so wanted to use that

I think the 3.5 star maybe the sheraton Tempe airport

Was also thinking 2.5 could be hotel tempe. Formerly inn and suites. However they don't have a very good rating. The 2.5 star as well as 3.5 both have 8plus ratings so should be good

3.5 shows $50. Pool restaurant internet

2.5 shows $40. Pool breakfast internet shuttle parking business center

Is that the complete amenity set associated with each property?

For the 3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS in this zone i'm seeing:

Free Internet in room

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Restaurant

Fitness Center

... and for the 2.5* i'm seeing:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Is this what you're seeing?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes that is what I'm seeing. Sorry if I missed a few. Was doing by memory.

There only a 10 dollar price difference between the 2.

One of my concerns is I will be using public transportation. If the 3.5 is indeed the Sheraton, there not much around there. As I have stayed several years ago.

Thanks for your help

Neither of these properties have yet been reported to the board but my guess for the 3.5* would be the Four Points By Sheraton Phoenix South Mountain in Phoenix and for the 2.5* my guess would be the Towneplace Suites By Marriott Tempe or the Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall.

HOWEVER, an interesting note about the 2.5* property, after clicking the offer i see the following under the "Review Important Information" (just above where you enter your initials agreeing to their terms):

Cancel Policy: Cancellation is available online free of charge for 24 hours after purchase. After that time, this Express Deal cannot be cancelled, changed or transferred and refunds are not allowed.

I only see this for the 2.5* offer (and have never seen this before so confirm you see the same on your own details page)... but it would seem that they're letting you take a 'free look' as far as which property this would be and then immediately cancel if you're not satisfied.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks so much for your detailed response.

I can't imagine a four points being a 3 and 1/2 star. However u have a lot pf experience with this board.

I went to book the 2.5 star. I saw nothing about cancel like you did

Mine said no refunds or cancellation.

Do plan on booking within the next few days. Will keep updated

I did book the 2.5 tempe south. It turned out to be Clarion hotel Phoenix tech center. Oh no. It doesn't look great. Plus it's on the side of the highway. Not sure how it's in Tempe.

As thereuare mentioned he saw the cancellation within 24 hours. I think I may do that. I see that in my itinerary. So I assume that means I would get a full refund.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express hotel list.

As the 24 hour cancellation (only available for some hotels) if you do try to cancel let us know how the process goes. If you'd like help with a replacement stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]