Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim Convention Center - Garden Grove) Anaheim Marriott

Chuck W.
By Chuck W.,
in

We are taking one of the grand kids to Disneyland again.  Our earlier trips were on 8/26/2014 and 9/25/2014.  I got both of those 3.5 star rooms through BetterBidding/Priceline bidding; $75 for one night at the Wyndham and the other at the Marriott Suites for $75.

This time I wanted to try a 4 star hotel.  I went back on Priceline via BetterBidding for a December stay. I started out at $55 and increased my bids up to $90 until I got it. The last bid before the $90 was $89.  With fees & the $5 travel insurance it came out to $115.49.  This is $17 more than I paid for the other 3.5 star hotels.  However, it appears that this Marriott charges $24 per day for parking. 

We'll see how it works out.  I may end up returning to the 3,5 star Marriott Suites or Wyndham, both of which I enjoyed. I will report back after the stay!

As usual I used BetterBidding's site for the PRICELINE links to start my purchase and searches.

• 2 months later...

We just completed our stay at the Anaheim Marriott. Very nice hotel and worthy of it's four star rating.  Very clean and quiet.  It is also in walking distance to Disneyland.  It is about a half mile and pushing two stroller it is an under 15 minute walk.  No resort fee but there is a $25 fee for parking. 

We have stayed, courtesy of wins on Price.Line through Better Bidding, at the Wyndham, the Red Lion Inn and the Marriott Suite while visiting Disneyland.  All three of these hotels are 3 1/2 star hotels.  The Anaheim Marriott was $15 to $20 more for the extra star.  Was it worth it?  Perhaps.  I find on our Disneyland trips we are looking for a bed, bathroom at a clean and quiet hotel that is located close to Disneyland.   The Red Lion and Anaheim Marriott are both in walking distance whereas you have to take a shuttle if staying at the Marriott Suites or Wyndham.

The Red Lion had a resort fee of $10.75 with $1.82 tax and a guest parting fee of $14.00.  That was an additional $26.58 in cost.  The Marriott Suites did not have any additional fees but there was a $20 fee for the shuttle for a family of four.  The Wyndham had a $14 resort fee that covered free transportation to and from Disneyland and in room internet.

I honestly believe you can't go wrong with any of these four hotels.  If I had my choice, I would take the Red Lion or the Anaheim Marriott just for the convenience of walking to Disneyland.

Our next trip is at the end of Feburary 2015 for a granddaughter's birthday.   We will use Price.Line through Better Bidding again for our stay.  Many thanks for a great site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]