Priceline Hotel: Help with 4* or better in NYC

crisp1981
By crisp1981,
in

I'm looking for a hotel in NYC for Oct. 22 to Oct. 26. I'd like a 3.5* or 4* or better in any area between Chelsea and Central Park South. I'd like to get something in the $200 a night or less range. Prices have been continually falling over the last two months, and now they are in the $230 range. I did some bidding on Priceline earlier today, but couldn't get anything for $185 a night. Should I wait for better prices or is this about as good as it gets. In the past I've gotten the Affinia Manhattan and 6 Columbus in the $200 range, I think, but I usually just bite the bullet and start bidding a month out from my trip.

Any thoughts?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip, but Fall is high-season for NYC and generally an expensive time of year.

To avoid any confusion, please list (by PRICELINE name) the zones that you are willing to accept. Did you include all of these zones on your previous bidding up to $185? Was this bidding at the 3.5* or 4* level?

Let us know the information above and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]