Priceline Hotel: 2* Ft. Myers-Naples (Ft. Myers) La Quinta Inn

pitflyer
By pitflyer,
in

Needed a hotel for 1 night for an early morning (6am! ugh) flight the next morning. Looking online it seemed it was slim pickings for the airport zone, so I tried that zone first, then added the relatively nearby Fort Myers and Bonita Springs zone. $35 was rejected, $38 was accepted in the Fort Myers, FL zone. The La Quinta Inn is actually only about 5 miles from the airport (at the bottom of the Fort Myers zone) so the location is fine with me.

The savings are not great, if we figure the actual price of the hotel was around $43 (with Priceline's now undisclosed cut) I could have gotten the hotel for $64 at LQ.COM, or probably the same hotel at Hotwire (2.5*, same zone) for $54. Still, saved about $20 in total, but giving up the choice of hotel and ending up at an Econolodge or Days Inn (possible for 2*), I think this was a marginal Priceline victory. If my $38 bid did not make it, I would have just paid $47 at lastminutetravel.com for a Quality Hotel not too far away.

I'm trying to convince the Hilton on Marco Island to let me use points for a stay the night before, since they still have rooms available (not for award, however).. if that fails, I'm going to see if Priceline can do better in that area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]