Downtown New Orleans

4.5*

Rated 9.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

$ 166/per night

My thinking is either The Roosevelt or Le Pavillon.

Case for it being Le Pavillon:

Hotwire has a deal same dates + same zone + same star rating + similar price of $164.  That one is most definitely Le Pavillon.

Last report for a 4.5 in this area doesn't even show up in recent searches, which I find odd.  When was The Roosevelt last reported?

Roosevelt has never been reported as a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal.

Case for it being the Roosevelt:

Roosevelt is only 4.5* reported to the board via NYOP.  User rating is 9.2.

Le Pavillon is only rated 4* at Priceline retail.  Also rating is under 9.0.

Wouldn't be happy paying that price for Le Pavillon since it's $179 refundable retail.  I would rather take a 4* Hotwire bid which is less than $90.

The Windsor Court Hotel or The Roosevelt New Orleans would be my best guess for this one... the Le Pavillon would not be an option for this one as it doesn't meet all the criteria that is shown to be associated with this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the insight everyone.

As far as the Roosevelt goes, the Roosevelt definitely has a restaurant.  It's called Dominica, and it's my one and only experience with that hotel.

Now for Windsor Court:  I hadn't even considered that one.

I originally searched on the retail side for Downtown, and the Roosevelt is the only one that comes up in that particular zone.  The Windsor Court is listed as being in the "French Quarter - Riverwalk" zone, which I now see doesn't nicely tie to any of the opaque zones.  I initially thought that was an opaque zone in and of itself, but I was thinking of the French Quarter - River zone, which is actually a Hotwire zone instead. So, I was massively confused for a moment.

I agree that the Windsor Court is definitely in the Downtown zone according to the map.

While the Windsor Court is nice enough, I don't think it would justify the extra expense over what I could pay at a 4* star hotel that would serve my needs just as well.

I'll probably end up going with a Hot.wire deal instead.

Any ideas on this HOTWIRE listing found on BiddingHelper.com.com?

4* Warehouse District

$97 12/2-12/3

• Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Self service laundry
  • Internet access
Doesn't seem to be Loews, which is the only reported 4* in this zone.

There is a 4* in the French Quarter - Bourbon St. zone with the same exact amenities and same exact price.  I assume that is the Crowne Plaza, which is a "No" in my book.

The New Orleans Marriott at the Convention Center would be a possibility for this one, although i wouldn't rule out Harrah's or the Loews.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK.  So based on all of the feedback, I decided to try my hand at Priceline NYOP.

As always, all bidding and searching was done through the ever helpful BiddingHelper.com.

• Limited my bidding to 4* Downtown + Convention Center.
  • Bid $75 then $76 then $77.
  • Bid accepted by the Hyatt Regency with no counter-offers for the exact lowest possible price of $77.

This works well for me as the Hyatt Regency was my fallback position via Hotwire or Priceline Express @ $88-$90.  But I figured I could try NYOP and maybe get a pleasant surprise of the Omni, Renaissance, Intercontinental or Loews.  I excluded the French Quarter zone to eliminate the unpleasant surprise of the Crowne Plaza.

As far as the Marriott Convention Center goes, it is apparently sold-out on this date.  Only 1 site seems to have it listed. I assume that it is a bulk purchaser.   Given that, could the Hotwire listing still be the Marriott?  I guess it could be backed up by the same bulk purchaser even if sold out through standard retail channels.

Anyway, this is a pretty good deal and all things considered, I think it works the best of any option.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for the Hyatt! The listing could still be a possible match for the Marriott, as there have been instances of hotels being won on Hot.wire when they were showing as sold out on multiple websites.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I can't see the files that you posted, but if you are talking about the long amenity list on the retail side, I'm not convinced that there's any connection to what is displayed in that list vs. the handful of amenities that are displayed on Priceline Express.

There doesn't appear to be any standardization to those lists, ex. Roosevelt has an "Exercise Gym" and a "Fitness Room Onsite" where Windsor Court has a "Health Club."  I believe that these are just a text list provided by the hotel, instead of some check-boxes that the hotel has selected.  Maybe The Roosevelt didn't list "Restaurant" because it's stated in the very first line of the description that there are "two restaurants."

The amenities on Priceline Express do appear to be standardized choices, and the hotel was probably asked to check the ones they wanted included.

The listing could very well be Windsor Court, but I don't think the lack of a restaurant listing on Roosevelt's long list of amenities on the retail side makes it a slam dunk IMO.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]