Hotwire Hotel: 4* Montreal Le Centre Sheraton

theory12
By theory12,
in

I decided to pass on Chicago when the Burnham went up from $90 to $372 on Hotwire.....

So this is my first visit to NYC and I think I should stay in Times Square or nearby (MTW). I would be willing to split up with MTE or Upper, if it is recommended that I get around a bit?? I don;t have to though, as I am sure there is so much to do everywhere and I like taking cabs.

I see last year's successes for this July 4th timeframe for low $100's...so I would love to pay less than $120 though I know $150 may be more the average.

I have lots of time on my side....so if you can recommend a bidding strategy, that would be great!!! :)

It may be too early for many of the hotels to have released inventory to the opaque suppliers at this ponit, but i would try the following:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTW and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120.

I have included all the zones above as they should all be fine for the 'typical tourist'. If for some reason you don't want to bid one of the above zones let us know and we'll adjust accordingly.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

UES is one of them.

To figure out the other one, from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Try the above and confirm the other re-bid zone with the board... if you don't understand something above post back and we'll walk you thru it further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Used Savings Barn link :)

After scrapping the Chicago and New York July 4th plans, I will go to Montreal and try the other cities on other holidays.

Only wanted two nights to split with a boutique in old town and I could pick 7/1-7/3 but not just 6/30-7/2 nor 6/30-7/3. So...I decided to go with all four nights downtown during Jazz, Laughs, and Fireworks festivals at this good summer rate. Old Town's The Godin and St. Sulpice were all $2403 so why not just cab or metro down to old town vs. staying there : )

Priceline did not accept my bids up to $90 so I opted to just book via Hotwire.

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel

1201 Rene-Levesque Boulevard West

Best Value

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Spa Services

Business Center

NoOfRooms:1 room(s) @$97.00 per night x 4 night(s)

SubTotal: $388.00

Taxes and fees: $79.02

Total Price $467.02

Congratulations on having your plans finalized... it's always nice when it's done and you can begin to plan and/or look forward to your trip. I think you would have had a good time in any of the three cities you were choosing from.

Have a great stay and a great 40th birthday, and of course, thank you very much for using the SavingsBarn.com links.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]