Hotwire Hotel: 5* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) The Beverly Hills Hotel

londonbidder
By londonbidder,
in

Hello, have clicked-through to Hotwire using your homepage and have found a curious hotel. Any ideas on the below?

4.5* Beverly Hills/West Hollywood / $272 per night

Dates: May 16-22, 2015

-95% recommended

-4.5 TripAdvisor average

-Amenities include:  Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s, )Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Any suggestions would be welcome! My predictions were L'Ermitage or the Sofitel -- but would the Softel really have a 95% approval rating? Although I have seen a pattern with Sofitel and the 'Smoke Free Rooms' icon...

Thank you for your predictions. Interesting to know that the Hotwire approval rating is not an accurate measurement. I had always assumed the properties with the 95% or 100% were the hotshots in the category (5* Beverly Hills hotel; 4.5* L'Ermitage). I would be unhappy if I received the Sofitel, so, if you think this is a possibility, I am not going to proceed. I'll give it time to see if something new comes up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends, I'm still trying to find a hotel for my dates: May 16-22, 2015.

Any guess what the below would be? It is a 5* hotel in the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood zone going for $386 per night, with a 95% Hotwire approval rating and a TripAdvisor rating of 4.5.

I found the self-service laundry amenity odd. I'm not aware of any of the known five-star hotels in this zone to have coin operated laundry, but I must be wrong!

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Best guess for this 5* property would be The Beverly Hills Hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Many thanks - and apologies about starting a new thread! I mistakenly assumed that was the right thing to do since I was shifting star-ratings. Correction noted!

And thanks for your prediction about this property. The BH Hotel would be fantastic. How do you tell the difference between the Montage and the BH Hotel? I see the BH Hotel was won recently with these amenities, but, looking back on the threads, I see also that the Montage Beverly Hills was won a few months ago---also with these same amenities. Quite confusing!

It could always be something other than we think, but this amenity set has previously been associated with The Beverly Hills hotel. I assume the Montage win you are referring to is THIS ONE and the amenities there are not the same as those above (the Montage list is shorted and includes an 'Indoor Pool' whreas the one above is a longer amenity list and includes 'Pool' (ie- not Indoor Pool))

It's certainly possible that the amenity set of the Montage has changed since last reported to the board, do they have all the amenities that are listed above? (ie- do they offer an on-site Laundry?? i don't know if they do, but just re-iterating a point you brought up earlier which may help you exclude that one as a possible outcome)

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You were correct! Very pleased to have snatched such a fabulous property. Happy to now close this thread and report my win:

Took your advice and purchased the first night in order to peak behind the curtain. It was the Beverly Hills Hotel. Then went back and purchased the rest, same property and amenities and, of course, it was again the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Thanks once again for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]