Priceline Hotel: Need Help Planning Trip in May '06

Michael NOLA
By Michael NOLA,
in

I'm trying to plan a trip to New York City for May 31-June 6,2006 to celebrate my 40th birthday with a group of 8 to 10 people. Looking for a 4 star MTE on Hotwire brings me a $306 per night rate. That is about $100 a night more than I was hoping for. Am I jumping the gun on this or have hotel rates in New York gone up that much?

Aa a more affordable alternative, I'm considering changing the vacation spot to Toronto where a 4 star in Downtown Toronto is going for $91 per night. Different city, but what a savings. Any thoughts or insights on things to do in Toronto? Or should I just wait it out and hold on for NYC ?

My guess is that it is still very early...

If you notice on your Hotwire search that there is only one 4* hotel offered out of multiple zones. This would indicate that demand is extremely tight (which i don't believe to be the case based upon hotel-direct rates) or that many hotels have not yet released discounted inventory this far in advance (the more likely scenario).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]