Hotwire Hotel: 3* Savannah (Historic District) Inn at Ellis Square

bohemian124
By bohemian124,
in

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the bidding game. I am going to Savannah October 3-5 for a wedding. Would like to stay in a 3.5-4 star hotel in the Historic District/Waterfront. Most guests are staying on the waterfront (Hyatt Regency seems to be the popular choice), so I'm hoping I can get a winning bid on one of those properties. It's just me, so no specific preference on # beds. It would be nice to have complimentary breakfast, but not required.

I have booked a place through Hotels.com, just in case, for $159/night - I can cancel that reservation if I find a better deal.

What are the chances I'd get a better deal through bidding on either Price.line or Hot.wire, and what should my strategy be? Thanks!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I took a quick look at your dates, and I'm seeing a 3* what I belive is the Inn at Ellis Square- A Days Hotel priced $117 on HOTWIRE with breakfast included.

Amenities are: Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

Or would you like to go with PRICELINE for a less expensive unknown hotel?

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Also...

• please read your messages
  • what is the name and rate at your back-up property
  • please note from our Support Page that we have a link to Hotels.com as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies, please check for and use the links there whenever possible
Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tips! I got the Inn at Ellis Square on Hot.wire for $117/night, for a total of $288. Hotels.com had it listed as $206/night. I booked it through the HOTWIRE link on this site. 

My backup had been the 17hundred90 Inn, for which I would have paid $359 total. 

This hotel is very close to where many others are staying. I'm thrilled that breakfast is included, and this is such a great deal and first experience with Hotwire! This trip is going to cost me a lot (not much flexibility for the flight unfortunately), so I'm really happy to save on the hotel while still being in a good location. 

I'm going to talk up this site like crazy to people! :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and this works out well for your needs (and budget).

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase. (and for helping to spread the word about what we're doing here in our little corner of the internet ;) )

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]