Priceline Hotel: Bidding help needed

snhtiger
By snhtiger,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not sure if $90 will be enough, but you can try the following:

When bidding 2.5* in this region you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* Chatham...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

If the above is rejected, wait 24 hours and re-try (once again using this [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link and not the link in any emails that priceline may send indicating that you're eligible to bid again):

Select 2.5* Chatham...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's important to know how to check your re-bid zones on your own as they can change at any time, so they should therefore be checked before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked, otherwise you increase the chances of ending up in an area you didn't intend.

Have you read the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread?

If so, and you're still confused, please try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter your city and dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to secure a winning bid on PRICELINE since I wanted to remain in a certain area and didn't want to take a chance on one hotel that I didn't like was in the area I was bidding on. Also, there were only a few hotels in my price range which made it a bit harder. The bidding help was much appreciated and gave me a chance to practice for next time. Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]