Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Airport SEA) Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center

atom9
By atom9,
in

First tried 70.00 for  a  31/2 star then denied then went up 3 dollars and won the bid I added Kent since it only had a 3 star hotel for it's zone. So I rebidded and won. I realize that I have been trying to bid on a Airport hotel for over a month and the prices only went down a few days before our date of arrival. We wanted a Airport hotel since we get into the Airport at 10:00 P.M. at Seattle from Tampa Florida and will be exhaustaed. I am glad I won this bid it was 73.00 + tax. The only issue that I am concerned is that people who have won bid's from this hotel from price line  complained that this Hilton Hotel has 2 buildings one that was renovated in 2012 and the other one has not been updated since 1998 and people who won Priceline complained that they put all customers who won a bid from Priceline in the old wing and if you want to get a hotel in the Garden section the renovated section they will want you to pay 100+ dollars for the upgrade. The issue is that the renovated portion is a 3 1/2 star hotel but the old portion is like a 2 star hotel. So I have mixed feelings about this win. Any suggestions would be grearly appreciated. Thank you

Congratulations on your success!

I'd mention at check-in that you've heard that some of the rooms have been renovated and that you'd like one of those if possible as you've also hear that they are quite nice. If you are offered to upgrade for a fee mention that it's late and you'll be checking out in the morning so $xx seems a bit high, but you are willing to pay $xx for a nice room (fill in whatever numbers the nicer room is worth to you). Even if you're not able to upgrade (as the hotel does appear to be quite full for this nite), it's just for one nite and with regular rates at this hotel at $225+ for this nite, i think you got an excellent deal.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

We actually had a great Hotel room I contacted the manager on duty Molly who hooked me up with a great room. Since I injured my back and had limited mobility with walking she got me a close room to the front desk it was a perfect room for the price. We did good. Thanks for your help Better Bidding and we will use your PRICELINE website for all our bidding. Thanks again!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]