Priceline Hotel: London Sept 12-14

Zrinka
By Zrinka,
in

Dear all,

this is my first time using Hot.wire/Price.line and I'm looking for advice on how to bid for a (preferably) 4-star hotel in London. Normally I would also consider 3 stars, but it seems that in London this might result in an old/not clean room - am I wrong?

Ideal locations would be Mayfair/Bloomsbury/Westinster, but anything not too far out is an option - price is more important and I'm hoping to find something up to 250 euros (330$) - is this realistic?

Any help is much appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

For a 4* hotel in one of the zones above i think you're likely looking in the $150-$175 area... a 3* in the $130-$150 range (although i do agree that a 3* hotel in London is more like a 2*/2.5* hotel by US standards)

Let us know if you'd like to raise your bid amount, include other zones at the 4* level, or try for a 3* in one of the zones above.

Also, what is your maximum bid price per nite in US dollars?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

thanks for confirming my thoughts. Given that I have some discount on Hotels.com and I could use it towards a 4 star booking for about 200-230 euros I would be willing to spend up to 250-260 euros in total for the two nights (=330USD), which (if my calculations are right) would mean a bid price of about 130$/night

I am flexible on the zones - anything within a 15min tube ride from Soho is fine, so could you perhaps recommend which zones might be the best value for money?

Some of the more frequently bid zones are:

Bloomsbury-Marble Arch

Chelsea-Knightsbridge

Kensington-Earls Court

Mayfair-Soho

Notting Hill-Bayswater

Regents Park-North London

The City-Tower Bridge-St Pauls Cathedral

Westminster-House of Parliament-Victoria

Please review these zones on the PRICELINE map and confirm which are acceptable, we will then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

In the future please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com (which also has a great interface for plotting hotels from Hotels.com) or our Hotels.com link as found in our Support Page (where we also have links to most major hotel chains and online booking agencies)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]