Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Saddle Brook - Teaneck (Teaneck - Ft. Lee) Doubletree Fort Lee/George Washington Bridge

jeremyp969
By jeremyp969,
in

August 10th-11th

Hackensack - Paramus - Ridgefield Park

2.5 stars

$75

Bidding.helper:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks!

The Holiday Inn Saddle Brook would be my best guess for this one.

I am very familiar with this area, if you'd like a second option if this offer or zone is the best option for your plans, let me know your needs, budget, etc. for this trip and i'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help!  Really appreciate it.  We have an event to go to in Teaneck on Sunday(10th) then were thinking of hopping on a bus into NYC on Monday and then driving back to VA Monday evening.  Would like to stay under $100 with taxes and of course not stay in a dump....

Thanks again!

How much time will you have between your arrival to the area and the event in Teaneck that nite? Are you like to arrive to the area in the early afternoon and the event is at nite... or will you not arrive until late evening and it will be a 'rush' to get dressed and out the door to make it to the event on time? (or were you intending to drive right to the event?)

My goal of the above would be to see if staying further south would be helpful to minimize the drive a little as well as staying close to NYC for the trip there on Monday (as well as the possibility of checking-out of the hotel on Monday, driving south to a PATH station or Park N Ride, then start your journey home from there)

Let us know the info above and i'll review some options.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 'issue' with the Holiday Inn Saddle Brook (besides the reviews which are not that good) is that it's a bit out of your way... assuming you will take I-95 (NJ Turnpike to/from) you will be passing that and traveling further west from Teaneck... not terrible, but not ideal, but on the other hand the price is right.

If you could expand your budget to $128 all-in there is a 3.5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $104/nite (Indoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet in room, Free Parking, Business Center, Fitness Center) which would like be a bit more convenient to your event. In the morning if there is a bus stop near the hotel you could take that into the city, although you more likely would want to head to Port Authority in NYC (42nd St and Eighth Ave) which would not be the quickest of strips (fast trip would be taking to the GW Bridge Port Authority but then you still need to head south to midtown)... i would sooner drive south to a Park N Ride, PATH train, or NY Waterway Ferry (this last option is expensive but an 'oh so nice' way to travel to the city) and commute from there... which would then make your trip back to VA a bit shorter.

If you need to stay within budget there is a 2.5* offered on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $85 ($105 all-in)... and a 2* in Paramus which would only be slightly less convenient (easy trip to Teaneck, likely Rte 17-->Rte 4) for $65/nite ($83/nite all-in... for this one i'd guess one of the Extended Stay properties)

Of course since your location seems a bit flexible (especially if you think driving to a Park N Ride or PATH train in the morning works for your needs since you then don't necessarily need to be walkable to a bus stop) you could also try bidding on PRICELINE for a little lower rate for any of these zones/star ratings.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help along the way.

If you do decide to bid (again) let us know the zones, star rating, and maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Good luck!

I generally try to stick with the 3 or 3.5* priceline's, I've gotten 1 or 2 dumps with the 2-2.5 stars.  Location really isn't important to me as long as I can keep it say 20 minutes or so from Teaneck and in the direction of VA would be even better(usually take I-78 to/from), and then if it can be 15-20 minutes from somehwere to pickup a train or bus into the city(with free parking if possible).

Any suggestions on hotwire vs priceline and what regions to select?

Thanks!

I generally try to stick with the 3 or 3.5* priceline's, I've gotten 1 or 2 dumps with the 2-2.5 stars.

The issue is that everything i'm seeing thru PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE at the 3* or higher level is over $100 all-in.

If you want to try bidding on PRICELINE i would first look at the Teaneck at the 3.5* level up to $80 bid price (comes to $100 all-in). In this region you have THREE re-bid zones at the 3 star level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Teaneck...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

If the above is rejected, i would then try the 3* level for both Teaneck and Hackensack, where you have ONE re-bid zone.

(you'll need to close the previous browser if that is still open and use this link to re-access PRICELINE)

Select 3* Teaneck...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Hackensack...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Teaneck and Hackensack...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80

Let us know how the above goes and if rejected we'll take it from there.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this worked out well and this hotel should prove convenient for all your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

If you need any help with planning your itinerary or restaurants near this hotel feel free to ask.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]