Canada Montreal Days Hotel and Conference Centre

jacqueline
By jacqueline,
in

Just got back from my weekend visit to Montreal. My friend and I stayed at the Days Hotel and Conference Centre (exact trip dates and PL bid history can be viewed here). It's only rated as a 2.5* hotel, and also run by Days Inn, so I wasn't expecting too much - just a decent place to sleep.

First of all, the location is great, especially if you plan on spending a lot of time on rue Ste-Catharine. Great shopping starts just around the corner. Nightclubs are within what I would consider "walking distance" as well, but it was exceptionally cold during our stay so we took taxis. The hotel is also situation down the street from a Metro subway station.

The rooms were decently-sized. Larger than typical standard rooms. One thing I found to be quite odd, however, was that the welcome mat, bedding and shower curtain were all SHREK-themed. lol. They had pictures of Shrek characters all over them. And I highly doubt we received a "children's room" or anything. In fact, the hotel did not have very many guests under the age of 30, or any families for that matter. The bathroom was a little small though. The heating was also lacking.

Front desk clerks were all proficiently bilingual, and very helpful. They offered to call cabs for us, and always asked about our day upon our return. They answered all of our questions, and made our stay in Montreal very pleasant.

Housekeeping adequately cleaned our rooms. My only complain is that they tended to come rather early - such as 9:30am!

Overall, I wouldn't mind staying there again. But I've since looked through this forum quite thoroughly, and I wouldn't mind paying an additional few dollars to stay at a "nicer" hotel - now that I know it is possible to upgrade an entire star level via "smart" Priceline bidding! :) I also know now to use savingsbarn in the future! Thanks for all the helpful posts! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]