Parking fee

bertin
By bertin,
in

After reading several posts on hotels in CA,I note that no one mentions whether parking is free or pay. This is not noted in Howwire amenities nor in their confirmation info. Granted, most properties in urban areas are charging for parking, whether valet or self-park, but it would be good to know before one arrives at the hotel, as well as idea of the charge. Paying for parking certainly adds to the room rate. If this topic has been covered before, my apologies, as this is my first viewing/posting on this site.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here is a thread you may be interested in: Hotel Parking

I think you will also find more comments about parking fees in the HOTEL REVIEW secion of the board. This seems to make sense since winning bids are reported before the stay (at which point the user wouldn't know the parking fees/situation) and hotel reviews are written after experiencing first hand what the parking situation is in the area.

In the "Tips" section in some states there are also some comments about parking. For instance, i know i have posted something in the New York area about finding cheap parking in the area, as well there is a similar post for Florida (pertaining to cruise ship passengers if i reall correctly), and maybe one about parking at SFO in California... these are just the ones i recall. You can also try doing a search (link near top right of the board) and search for the word parking... this search can be confined to a specific state if you are searching for a specific area (just be sure to select the correct forum to search, and change the search date to ANY DATE). From another post on the board, here are some tips for using the search feature:

Things to note when using the search feature:

1) in the box on the lower left, make sure you have selected "all forums" or the appropriate state to search thru if you want to limit your search to a certain area

2) in the box on the lower right, i usually like to search further than 30 days and adjust the timeframe according

3) all search terms must be at least 3 characters long

4) don't use quotes when searching, a search for <los angeles> will only return posts where the word <los> and <angeles> are next to each other in the post, a search for <los and angeles> will return posts where both are mentioned in the post, but not necessarily require them to be together, a search for <los or angeles> will return post that contain either the term <los> or <angeles>.

Hope this answers your question and gives you a few other places to find the information you're looking for. If not, feel free to contnue this discussion by replying to this thread.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]