Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Eugene (Springfield) Courtyard

embien
By embien,
in

After striking out on various combinations of 2.5* and 3* for Eugene and Springfield at $35, $40 and $45, the Courtyard by Marriott 2.5* in Springfield accepted my bid of $50. I then went back in and bid $50 again for a second room for my friend and that was also accepted. This was for Thanksgiving night, 11/24/05.

Bid: $50

Tax: $13.02

Total: $63.02 (per room)

Regular rate for this room is $99 + tax

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage....arshaCode=EUGCY

A typical business-person's hotel. Rooms were nicely appointed with free high-speed wired Internet access and there was an attractive lobby with wireless Internet.

A breakfast with cooked-to-order eggs and omelettes was available for $8.95 (including juice and coffee), but was otherwise fairly mediocre. My wife and I laughed because we had never seen a "bacon, mushroom, cheese omelette" in which the eggs had been folded over a whole strip of bacon--usually the bacon is crumbled up, I think.

Our room seemed smoky and there was at least one instance of the people in the neighboring room going out into the hall and smoking during the night. The staff promised to follow-up on this when informed of the problem the next morning. (For the record, my friend's room, same floor but at the other end of the hall, did not suffer from any smokiness.)

Embien - Banks, OR

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]