Priceline Hotel: 4* Louisville (Downtown) The Brown Hotel

Kayenem
By Kayenem,
in

Thank you for all of the bidding tips.  They are very much appreciated.

I am planning a trip to Louisville in four weeks.  After doing some initial research on this website and on Hot.wire and Price.line, I opted to try the Name Your Own Price feature on Priceline and placed an initial bid of $65 each night for a 3.5 star hotel in downtown Louisville from August 20-22, 2014. The bid was rejected.  I added the Clarksville area and increased my bid by $2.  The bid was rejected.  I continued adding additional areas (that didn't have any hotels over 3 stars) and increased my bid by $2 to $3 each time.  At $78, my bid was finally accepted.  The 2- night total for the hotel was $188.44 including tax.  

The hotel that Priceline assigned was The Brown Hotel.  It's actually a four star hotel.  Priceline said that they upgraded the hotel quality level.  By the time my bid was accepted, the Minimum Guaranteed Amenities listed on the website only stated a "Guest Review Score 8.0 or Higher." 

I used the link on this website to access Price.line. 

Again, thanks for the tips!

I would have preferred a hotel with a pool and view of the Ohio River (Galt House, Hyatt or Sheraton Riverside) but have stayed at The Brown before and it is a lovely hotel.

My trip is actually for two days longer. Price.line is offering to extend my stay at the The Brown at the same rate for up to two days at the $78 rate. I will probably try bidding for a hotel with a pool for the next couple of nights, but if my bid isn't accepted I'll just take the offer to extend my stay at The Brown.

Again thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]