Hotwire Hotel: Please help ID water tower for 9/26-9/28

chwtom
By chwtom,
in

Hi.  Looking to book a hotel for 9.26-9/28.  Would like to be in water tower area.  Found 3 options using the better bidding link.

4* Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

$155

4* Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Self service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

$171

4.5* Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

$204

Would appreciate your help IDing these.  Thanks!

Welcome back! :)

Best guess/comments for each:

4* Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

--> does this one also show a Boutique amenity? If so, my best guess here would be the Millennium Knickerbocker.

4* Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Self service laundry, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

--> i don't have a guess, but AaronJB may have more insight for this one

4.5* Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access

--> Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide an dhow it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hyatt Mag Mile was formerly the Wyndham - I liked that property quite a bit and thought it was a nice 4* (it was recently moved to 4.5* on HOTWIRE). However - I never experienced this - but people have said that they've heard street noise from the hospital nearby. I do think pushing over $200 for it - unless it's been significantly upgraded since it became a Hyatt (it does look like some renovation was done) - is expensive. 

I'm seeing a 5* in the Mag Mile-WT zone for $225 w/:

• Free Internet
  • Pet friendly
  • Indoor pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Spa Services
This would be a potential match for the Peninsula. Even if one of the other 5*'s in the zone instead, I think once you start getting above $200 (which is definitely on the expensive side), I think you will feel more like you're getting your money's worth with the 5* for $225 versus the potential Hyatt Mag Mile for $206. If it is actually the Peninsula, that would be a way better result than the Hyatt for not much more. If one of the other 5*'s, I still think this listing would be a very worthwhile upgrade over the potential Hyatt.

The 4* boutique has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'll throw out the guess that it may be the Raffaello.

The Knickerbocker is one of the oldest properties in the zone, but it was given a significant renovation 3-4 years ago where portions of the property were closed. You'll likely still find rooms that are on the smaller side, but great location and neat history.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 10 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]