Priceline Hotel: Virginia Beach Oceanfront in august

opeth771
By opeth771,
in

Hello all!

I am a new betterbidding user, but most of all, I will be using PRICELINE for the first time for our planned trip in Virgnia beach.

We will be going to Virginia beach on august 22nd and stay until the 26th. We would like to get a hotel on the oceanfront with great view of the beach from the balcony and windows. We would like a 3 stars and up hotel with free parking for under 200$. I am not sure if it is possible, but we want to try our luck on priceline. We would like any of these hotels on Oceanfront: Hampton inn, Comfort, Courtyard oceanfront, Fairfield, HIlton, Sheraton.

Do you have some bidding advice for me to get a chance to find a hotel with our criterias?

Thanks a lot!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There is no way to guarantee/increase the odds of a particular property when bidding on Price.line. You have to be willing to stay anywhere within the zone selected. Hot.wire would be a better choice, as you can look for a listing with Oceanfront (or beachfront) as an amenity. The issue is that the hotel may be beachfront/oceanfront, but looking towards the water may be a paid upgrade and if that's the case, Hot.wire or Price.line reservations are for regular/non-upgraded rooms. In general, Hot.wire is what would be recommended in terms of getting a beachfront/oceanfront property, but there's no guarantee as to things like view. You can call the hotel and make a request, but the hotel may charge more or say no. You are also limited to what the service may be offering for your dates.

Are you seeing a listing of interest on Hot.wire with beachfront or oceanfront and free parking? If so, please provide the zone name, star rating, price per night (before taxes/fees) and the full list of amenities associated with the property. You may need to click on the listing, then click on "book now" and, on the next page, "see all amenities."

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Please let me know if you have any questions about VB area hotels as I am a local to the area and am familiar with all the hotels.

There is a 3* on Price.line right now for the Cavalier Hotel.  It's a hotel at 42nd street, so it's just at the edge of all the hotels and "tourist area". That being said, it's literally 1.5 blocks to the "boardwalk" and all those tourist things. A couple of nice local eateries nearby, but anything you could want is within that 2.5 mile stretch (each way) of the boardwalk.

All the rooms are "oceanview" meaning if you strain your head on your balcony, you'll see the water.  Free continental breakfast.  Free parking. A good hotel overall.  

They are getting ready for a complete overhaul of the old historic hotel and I believe in late September will be closing the "newer" part that is still open.

If you are interested, another option would be to stay on the Chesapeake Bay at the Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center. Currently on Price.line for $172/night.

Here's why people like this hotel...While not directly at the VB Oceanfront, you are on Shore Drive, about 5 miles from the "tourist" area.  All rooms are balcony with "ocean views".  Beach is really nice. Not as crowded. They have two pools.  If you're the outdoorsy type, it's convenient to First Landing State Park and all kinds of easy hiking trails (If you get a chance to go at all, go. It's worth it). Lastly, you are close to some good restaurants, as there is seafood, casual, sushi, mexican and a lot of others nearby.

If you want the full oceanfront, large windows, balcony overlooking the water experience, expect to pay.  Keep in mind, these are the most popular rooms and average about 90% occupancy in the summer time.

Any questions about areas/things to do/eat, let me know. Here to help.

Hi! I have been on a bidding war since yesterday, and so far, I could not find anything... I started from 130$ up to 190$ a night in the oceanfront area for both 4 star and 3½ stars, no success!

We would just like a nice and calm hotel on the beach. Because I have extremely light sleep, I have had my share of bad experiences and stress in hotels before, that is why I selected high starred hotels. I don't want anything to do with hotels that have a club or bar with loud music and people partying until late in the night. This is what you usually get in low starred hotels.

Do you have any suggestions for me? We want something under 200$ on the oceanfront, or somewhere that we can walk to the beach as we do not wish to drive to get there.

Thank you!

We want something under 200$ on the oceanfront, or somewhere that we can walk to the beach as we do not wish to drive to get there.

While not 4* properties, given you've already been turned down (almost) at your maximum bid, have you looked to see if either of the properties above meet your criteria of Oceanfront and/or being walk-able to the beach?

You can also search our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to see hotels that are along the beach/coast and easily see if there is anything offered within your budget and how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you find and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately there isn't much 4* in the area OTHER than probably the Hilton 31st Street.

What exactly is that you are looking for?  Do you want the excitement of being at the "tourist area" and all the shops and restuarants? People watching?

If it's the quiet you desire because you are a light sleeper, I'd seriously look at either the Cavalier or the Wyndham (56th Street).  Both are oceanfront and are a little down (the Wyndham is in a residential area as weird as that seems) from the hustle and bustle of the tourist area.  As I said in a previous post, the Cavalier would be a lot easier to get to the shops/restaurants of the tourist area. The Wyndham would involve a drive (or bike ride) to this area

I'd seriously consider coming down to the 2.5* level and going with the Fairfield Inn, Country Inn or LaQuinta.  For the Fairfield and Country Inn, you're at 18th Street which is right in the middle of the action for restaurants and shops, Free Breakfast. Rooms are decent. You're on the oceanfront, although you might get a "city view" room.  The LaQuinta is at 28th Street and Pacific, so it's a little bit quieter, but still only 1.5 (short) blocks to the beach.  Plenty of parking. Still close (walking distance) to a nice Harris Teeter grocery store, along with the restaurants and shops.  

The Fairfield inn gets 4.5 stars on TA, the Country and LaQuinta get 4 stars

In Virginia Beach, figure about 16 streets to a mile.  The "tourist area" is widely considered to be about 2.5 miles long from 1st to 40th streets, where the boardwalk runs.  

There are a couple of hotels on Priceline Express that meet your criteria. Both a 3* and a 2.5* for about $155/night plus tax. The 2.5 star would be the Country Inn and Suites above. Includes free breakfast. I'd pull the trigger on that. Comes to $734 with tax.  All rooms are non-smoking. Supposedly every room is oceanview, but I honestly can't remember if this is true of not.

Make sure you use the PRICELINE links on the forum.

Any further assistance, let me know.  Heppy to help.

Hello,

We ended up booking at the Best Western Plus Sandcastle directly from the Best Western website. They had an Oceanfront with balcony room with a King size bed for 178$/night. The hotel has great ratings on tripadvisor and was recently renovated. It was an offer we couldn't resist.

I would like to thank you all for the suggestions and help. I will surely come here again for future bookings :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]