Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Sheraton Hotel and Marina

travellingtom
By travellingtom,
in

Hi,

I would like to stay near the downtown/gaslamp quarter and I won't have a car. I'm afraid of bidding on the Downtown/HarbourIsland category because it seems all the hotels won are on Harbour Island which is hard to get around without a car. Is it better to bid for another area that is more accessible by tram rather than risk being on Harbour Island? What areas have easy transportation to the downtown?

Thanks.

Thanks for you comments. Yes, the Sheraton is exactly my concern in the 4 star category and it comes up a lot. Then the Hilton Harbor Island is a concern for the 3 star, but I don't know whether the Hilton comes up a lot or not. I heard some pretty bad reviews for the Holiday Inn, so I'm reluctant to pay $89 on Hotwire for it. I wish I knew the best approach.

• 1 month later...

Please keep all theads for the same stay in the same thead.

Also, you can book the Entertainment Card rate thru our link to the Holiday Inn website (just select the entertainment rate from the dropdown list).

Using the links in our SUPPORT PAGE helps keep this site running.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried to bid 3* to stay away from the 4* Sheraton Marina. Thought would be safe and would get downtown location since 3* Hilton airport rate was pretty high. First bid 3* DT, $85 rejected. Added Miramar $88 accetped. Upon confirmation, they upgraded me to the 4* Sheraton so I ended up in Harbour Island anyway. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. Used Savingsbarn.com link.

P.S. Dates were Jan19 for 3 nights

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]