Priceline Hotel: 3* Portland (Airport PDX) Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station

Michael Paul
By Michael Paul,
in

I'm not sure what's going on in Portland this weekend but rates are crazy high compared to what I'm used to. Never been to Portland, so I guess I no baseline with which to compare other than the posted wins here and elsewhere, none of which are very recent in the downtown area.

I originally bid for a 3* in downtown all the way up to $160/night (really wanted to stay downtown) and was rejected through $160. Finally settled on a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal near PDX for $152/night at a 3* Hyatt whose retail rates go for $184 at the moment. A modest 17% discount and quite disappointing to be honest.

Can't figure out what's happening in Portland this weekend but rates seem pretty high there and vacancy must be incredibly low.

Sorry to hear the savings for this one weren't as much as you would have hoped for. This is a bit high for Portland, but i do see a few events taking place over these dates (a Jazz Festival, a local band Festival, a dog show, and an Arts Festival (may be a big one as over 150 artists). I'm not sure how big any of these are, but it's possible that one if them is quite large and driving up the costs, or all of these could be somewhat moderate in size but collectively they are increasing hotel demand.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. If you recall, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great stay... and maybe seek out one of the events above if any of those are of interest. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]