Priceline Hotel: Manchester, England Airport - $121 4* hotel - ID help - 10/6/14

Romelle
By Romelle,
in

I see (via Bidding Helper) a $121  4*  Manchester Airport (MAN) hotel for 10/6/14

Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Restaurant
Fitness Center
Airport Shuttle
Business Center

I'd really appreciate your educated guess as to what it is.

Thank you,

Romelle

Hello Romelle!

I'm sorry to say that I don't think we can pin-point this property.

Hilton or Crowne Plaza would be my best guess for this one.

Are you going to England or is this a layover?

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Hi yellowdog,

Yes, going to England.  This is for the last night before the return.   I bid Priceline several years ago and got the Marriott.  A very nice hotel, but quite a ways from the airport.  There are two other reported hotels, one right at the airport and the other within walking distance.  I was hoping this one might turn out to be one of the close ones, but there is nothing to rule out that Marriott.

My brother and I are planning to walk the Wainwright Coast to Coast route in the north.  He did 1/2 with his wife, and then in '09 the other 1/2 with me.  He wants to do the whole thing in one walk.  The agreement we have is I get to wuss out and take buses if I so choose.  

I'd gamble, but with my brother involved I think we will have to make a direct purchase.

Thank you for the help though.

Romelle

If i was going to take a stab at this, i'd put the Hilton as my best guess... but couldn't rule out the Marriott, Radisson Blu, or Crowne Plaza.

Have you tried HOTWIRE to see if you could identify anything there? You can also try MAPS and HOTELS.com since it seems that location is important for this trip.

Let us know what you decide or how we can be of further help. :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I could play with Price.line bidding up to the $121 minus $10 point and break even.

My brother isn't the risk taker I am?  I'll post back when I can get a decision out of him.

Thank you both for clarifying my options as best possible.  

I did look at Hot.wire, but the 75%, 50% and "still gathering reviews" recommendations made me leery.

Maps.Hotels does show that there are very good savings to be found via PL or HW.

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the 3* Airport Holiday Inn Express directly on the HI site (linking through the Support Page here of course).  

It was £59 or $109 including all taxes and fees.  The 4* $121 Priceline.Express deal actually came to $153 including all taxes and fees.

The HI includes free breakfast, but will charge 3£ @ for shuttle and is not walkable.  The PE deal had no free breakfast, but free shuttle and also was walkable.  

I'll also get a few hotel points.

I'd bid Price.line 4*s up to $97 with no success.

We are happy with the deal.  

Romelle

Glad to see you found something that works well for your plans and has a lot of the amenities that you find useful.

Thank you for using the links in the Support Page for your hotel direct purchase when PRICELINE / HOTWIRE didn't work out best for this part of your trip.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision and enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]