Priceline Hotel: need help long stay

optimus11
By optimus11,
in

My travel dates are Aug 27th - Sept 8th

I would like to bid for a airport hotel as i see most do come with complimentary airport shuttle, im arriving about 7pm so i

would prefer to have that amenity (2.5 star above)

The rest of the stay im looking to get a hotel in the downtown area. (2.5 star above)

I dont mind splitting my stay into two parts (i did that last time)

Can u help?

i have bid 50 and 55 already on my one nite stay airport but was turned down.

*Most* do, but there's no guarantee that all of them do, especially at lower levels. If a shuttle is a definite need, then I would instead suggest looking at HOTWIRE for a listing that specifically notes shuttle as an amenity. Are you seeing any listings on HOTWIRE that do note shuttle within your desired price range?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

My travel dates are Aug 27th - Sept 8th

I would like to bid for a airport hotel... The rest of the stay im looking to get a hotel in the downtown area.

We will use this thread for your one nite airport stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your trip.

i have bid 50 and 55 already on my one nite stay airport but was turned down.

For what star level did you bid up to $55? Did you bid only the Airport zone? Would the Downtown zone be acceptable for this first nite of your stay before moving to another property? (while the odds may be low of winning a downtown hotel, if this area is acceptable, you could use it as a re-bid zones to gain more bids for the Airport zone (but you'll at least need to be open to the idea of staying Downtown for this first nite)

While i know i mentioned above to start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nites of your trip, what is your budget for the remaining nites? I just looked at your complete stay and there are 3.5*/4* hotels available for $72/$73 per nite respectively. Given you've already been rejected up to $55 (for what i assume is a much lower rated hotel), i would suggest considering spending a bit more for the first nite and stay at one hotel for the complete trip in order to avoid the inconvenience of staying at a different property the first nite... wake up fresh the next morning and start your vacation, rather than have to first start to change hotels.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Your thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid the $55 for 3 *  and I only bid the airport zone for the first night, I don't want to stay downtown for that first night

because im sure there wont be any airport shuttle

the rest of my stay I would like to stay downtown, I prefer it

im now thinking that to ensure I have the airport shuttle for that first night, I should just book a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal or a deal on HOTWIRE

then bid for the remaining nights

I don't want to stay downtown for that first night because im sure there wont be any airport shuttle

Will you have a rental car the 2nd day but not the first? If not, the following day how will you get Downtown?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

i prefer using the public transport...

So do i... when it is worthwhile to do so. ;) (and i'm not sure just how worthwhile it is in this instance)

Shared shuttle service (as much as i don't like them) is about $15/pp (taxis ~$25... bus i'm guessing is $3-$5)... so if you're able to take a shared van service it's about $12 net ($15 cost - $3 savings of bus). For that $12 you avoid having to take the shuttle back to the airport, take the public bus downtown (a slow/long trip), then walk the final leg from the bus stop to your hotel (all of this with luggage)... not to mention wasting the first morning of your trip (vs. waking up and starting your vacation).

However, it's your stay, budget, and time... so given your previously rejected bid for a 3* hotel in the Airport zone, and your need for an airport shuttle, how do you want to proceed from here?

well my plan was to take a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for an airport hotel that offers free airport shuttle. this would just be for the first night. the next day i would take the bus to downtown. i just have 1 piece of luggage so it's no big deal really. i'm hoping to get a hotel on NW36th street like holiday inn express or comfort inn etc. so i can take the bus directly from there without having to go back to the airport.

I understand your plans from your previous response...

If a Downtown hotel plus shared van transportation was the same exact price or cheaper than staying at the airport would you stay downtown? (i'm going to assume 'yes'). If it was $3 total more expensive to stay downtown would you stay Downtown? What about $5, $10, $15, etc.

My point is that my threshold to lose the first morning of my vacation and have the travel inconvenience would require more than $12 savings... your threshold is less, which is fine, but brings us back to what PRICELINE EXPRESS options do you have within your budget (or savings threshold) for a hotel in the airport zone that offers a free shuttle?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]