Hotwire Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown - Convention Center - Capitol Hill) Renaissance

spidey373
By spidey373,
in

Howdy!  Not an experienced Hotwire user, but could use all of your expert advice identifying this "secret hot rate" offer of $281/night for 8/2 - 8/8, 2 adults, 2 children.  Info about the property that might be relevant...

- Amenities:  Resort, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Self service laundry, Spa Services, Accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Handicapped parking

- 95% recommend "Amazing!"

- Trip Advisor rating 4.5 of 5.0

- 261 reviews

When I search the Standard Rate hotel offers for 4* hotels in this area (Downtown-Conv Center-Capitol Hill) for this date range... what confuses me is that only two 4* hotels seem to be available (Westin and Vintage), but I think those are probably the other two "secret rates" being offered right now ($251/night and free internet should be the Vintage, and $300/night I'm guessing is the Westin because it only has a 4.0 of 5.0 Trip Advisor rating and is pet friendly).

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer on which property is being offered for this $281/night rate as a "resort."

Also note that the 'retail' and the 'opaque' side of HOTWIRE (and PRICELINE) use a different universe of hotels, so what you see on the retail side is not necessarily what you will receive when making an opaque purchase.

I agree with the guess above of the Hyatt at Olive 8.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the assist.  I ran the same search just a few minutes ago except requested 2 rooms instead of just 1, and it looks like prices have dropped dramatically.  There's now a secret hot rate offer for a 4* in the same area for $178/night.  (I did not run the search through the link here because I'm at work and probably won't be booking it immediately... when I book, I'll definitely do it through the link.)

Says it is 47% off and shows a price of $335 striked out with the hot rate of $178.

Amenities: pet friendly, fitness center, business center, accessible for the blind, accessible path of travel, handicapped parking, smoke free rooms, restaurant(s), internet access, accessible for the deaf, in-room accessibility, accessible bathroom, roll-in shower.

Trip Advisor 4 out of 5.0; 80% recommended (1,191 reviews).

Any help you can offer on this one?

Sorry... but I just realized that I get a different secret hot rate offers when I select the same area, same dates, same 2 adults/2 kids, but request 2 rooms versus just 1 room (which I guess makes sense if hotels want to offer better deals for folks buying "in bulk!").  As I said above... I'm a newbie and still learning. 

Would still appreciate any input from the experts on which $178/night offer I listed just above as that's probably what I'll end up booking tonight as soon as I get home from work.  $178/nt for a 4*, 80% recommended, 4 of 5 trip advisor rating hotel in this area just seems like a too-good-to-be-true deal.  Thanks!

Ugh.  When I called home and told my wife about the deal, she got excited, hung up with me, and booked it on her own (thinking I was going to miss it).  She did not use the link from this site (very sorry).  Reporting the win just in case others can benefit from it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]