Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

I'm not certain, but the Roger Smith Hotel would be my guess for this one.

However, why this property when there are higher rated hotels (even in this zone) offered for the same/similar price?

What are your needs for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm just exploring pricing for now.

It'll be 4 of us - me, my wife and 2 kids (early teens) going to NYC for the first time.

All hotels in that area appear to be $200+ per night.

I'm not too fussy about area - even thinking about staying in Hoboken or Jersey City across the river- but want a decent experience for the family in NYC.

Any advice is very helpful.

I'm just exploring pricing for now.

Please wait until you're ready to commit to a purchase before asking for hotel identification(s). The research process can be time consuming and the hotels currently shown may not be the ones that are shown once you're ready to move forward (or the price can change making it no longer an option)

It'll be 4 of us - me, my wife and 2 kids (early teens) going to NYC for the first time.

Are you including 2adults/2children in your HOTWIRE search? From the price of the hotel you're quoting above it doesn't appear that you are and you'll likely find the hotels offered, and rates, very different for most hotels in NYC when searching for quad occupancy vs. double occupancy.

I'm not too fussy about area - even thinking about staying in Hoboken or Jersey City across the river- but want a decent experience for the family in NYC.

Part of the allure of any city is the convenience factor and you will have a different experience staying in Jersey City/Hoboken vs. staying directly in Manhattan... as much as i love Hoboken, i suggest that the savings need to be worth the trade-off of not staying directly in Manhattan.

What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes) for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking to travel to NYC with my wife and 2 kids from Aug 8 - Aug 13.

Its our first time in the city but dont want to overpay - budget around $200pn.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

I found a 3* hotel Midtown Central for $206 pn with the following amenities:

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

What hotel do you think it is? Is it decent? Whats the location like?

Thanks,

Please keep all posts for the same stay/nites in the same thread.

Best guess for the property above would be the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th St.

How old are your kids?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The issue with NYC is that you're going to see a much more significant price difference when you search for 4 people vs 2 than other cities, as rooms in NYC are generally small (or very small) and rooms with 2 beds often go for a real premium. You would also see the bump in rates if you tried to search for four people on regular rate services (or see a bump with extra person fees added on.) That particular Holiday Inn is in a very busy location - easy walk from it to Times Square.  I'm seeing several options on PRICELINE EXPRESS in the neighborhood of the $200 mark, but unfortunately, the ones that do show "bed choice" as an option aren't showing 2 beds as one of the options.

I'm also seeing what may be the Holiday Inn 6th Avenue for a few dollars more. Aside from those two options, other options start to get into the $250 range - I see what looks like the Intercontinental Barclay for $258, for example.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Very frustrated. WHen I went to book the price increased by $30 to $230 for Holiday Inn on 57th.

I went to Expe.dia and found the Holiday Inn on 6th Avenue for $209 so booked it there.

Lesson learned is to book as soon as you see the hotel on Hot.wire or Price.line.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Glad you were able to find something that works well for your travel plans.

If the Holiday Inn reservation can be cancelled, I'd keep an eye on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS to see if rates do come down.

Please use the site's Support Page links to start regular rate purchases and searches where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, including Expedia.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Is your reservation at Expedia refundable that you're still looking at rooms for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or the links in our Support Page (where we also have links to Expedia and most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies)

Thanks.

These amenities are common for NYC, but the Park Central has previously been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know what you ultimately decide for this stay.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]