Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Los Angeles (Inglewood) La Quinta Inn and Suites Inglewood

johnmiller
By johnmiller,
in

*** WARNING ***

I was under the impression that I was getting a hotel in the LAX hotel area. But, this hotel is miles away from that. It is in the main part of Inglewood, which is a pretty sketchy area. I am not comfortable here, and I have had to go through some very rough areas in previous lines of work.

There are people hanging out in the garage downstairs, cars stopping briefly and quickly going, etc. It certainly feels like drug activity I have seen before. I would definitely not want any of my family members here with me, and I am glad that I am by myself on this trip.

Furthermore, the hotel has many issues. The air conditioning did not work in the first room. I had to spend three hours getting it looked at and getting a new room.

I had actually shown up in person early in the day to request a quiet part of the hotel. I am instead surrounded by arguing families across the hall, and a noisy all-night family next to me. I am writing this at 3 a.m. with no change being made. I have called the Front Desk. I called Priceline. After going through all the details, the "Customer Care" lady said I was stuck here no matter what, no possibility of changing hotels, nothing.

I was put on hold for a while, and was then told that I would have to call back during "normal business hours" and go through it all again because she couldn't get the hotel to answer the phone.

This is definitely an AVOID hotel! As long as Priceline has this in their system as a possibility, I would not do a 2 /12 star in the LAX area. Period. Even though this hotel is miles from the airport, in an entirely different neighborhood from the LAX hotel district, it is still somehow included in the "Los Angeles Airport (LAX)" area.

Once Priceline has your money, they have your money, and that's it. I am here for an important convention, have traveled all the way here, and am still dealing with in, with sun up only 2 1/2 hours away.

Unacceptable.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in the stay this time around.

Assuming you're at the La Quinta Inglewood on West Imperial Highway, this property is located in PRICELINE's Inglewood zone (not the Airport LAX zone) and i have edited your topic title accordingly... is this the hotel you won and did you include the Inglewood zone in your bidding?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... please share your future wins as you receive and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Hope you can work something out with PRICELINE for the balance of your stay or that things somehow get better.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I specifically asked ONLY for the Los Angeles Airport (LAX) zone and ended up here. Priceline is completely unusable for any concern a customer has. They do the standard bad "customer service" thing and answer questions with questions, they constantly interrupt and make excuses.

You are essentially 100% out of luck if you have problems with a stay. Period. I have also contacted La Quinta, and they are similarly not helpful at all. They are going to supposedly "get back to me" at some point.

If this issue isn't resolved today, and resolved satisfactorily, I will not be using Priceline again, and will be having my attorney handle the matter. I will also contact the California State Attorney General for assistance, as well as the state where Priceline is located.

This should be a warning to all who use Priceline. It doesn't matter if you have used them for years and have only had one issue. They will not help you, except in only the most basic way.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]