Room type

paulapvd
By paulapvd,
in

It might sound stupid to ask this, but I was wondering if the hotel rooms available for Name Your Own Price are all private or is there a possibility of, depending on the price I name, getting a room with a shared bathroom, for example?

I looked for this information with Priceline tips, but I haven't found it. I think they only have private rooms, but just thought I could use some confirmation.

Tks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Unless otherwise indicated, all rooms thru the 'bidding' side of PRICELINE will have a private bath.

If you would like help with an upcoming trip please start a NEW TOPIC in the appropriate state category of the board with the details of your stay (city, zone, desired star rating, budget, etc) and we will assist you there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There has been some discussion of this in the past - I believe that Price.line has stated that all rooms should be a private bathroom, while there was a mixed response from Hot.wire. I don't believe there's been a shared bathroom situation reported to the board. 

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Just to be sure, IF available, where would the the shared bathroom be indicated?

Hotwire has "Shared Bathroom" on their amenity list.  Presumably it would be listed with the other amenities.  Can't say as I would count it as an "amenity", but I guess this was the only place available for them to list it.  I've never seen it on a Hot.wire offer, but that is no guarantee that it would not show up somewhere.  

I've sent an email to Hot.wire posing your question.  If I get a response, I'll post it here.

Romelle

That was quick.  This just in from Hotwire:

"Thank you for contacting Hotwire Customer Care regarding your travel arrangement. I understand you would like to know if we offer shared bathrooms and would like to know how it is indicated. I would provide you more information about this inquiry.

Shared bathrooms varies on the hotel location. I may suggest that you contact the hotel right after the booking to inquire about it.

If shared bathroom is important on your trip, I can suggest that you book our Standard Rate hotels wherein you will know the name of the hotel before booking, so you can contact them to inquire about it.

If this is a deal-breaker with you, HOTWIRE isn't a good bet.  Although the risk is probably confined to the very lowest star levels and rates.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]