Priceline Hotel: NYC trip... I'm confused

stevie23
By stevie23,
in

I was just experimenting with some prices for various areas of New York for my trip in the future, and all these winning bids or Priceline express deals I read about on here...NONE of those prices were anywhere even remotely similar to the ones I am seeing on the screen!

I went through the PRICELINE link on this site and went to Priceline Express Deals. The cheapest in my chosen areas (Times Square, Midtown East, Midtown West and South Central Park) for a 4 star rating was around $301 per night (AUD). When I looked closer, this then became $250 when I clicked on the hotel. I don't know what hotel this might be (Central Park South), as all it had listed for amenities was pet friendly.

In the hotel list here, I see the 4 star ones are Hudson (Morgans), Le Parker Meridien, Loews Regency, Park Central and Renaissance 57. These all sound fairly lovely so you'd think they'd have more than just pet friendly amenities! The only one in the list that says "pet friendly" is the Renaissance 57. Could that be it?

When I reduced the star rating to 3, the cheapest (also in Central Park South) was $283 (AUD) which then became $235 when I clicked on the hotel. It has free internet, outdoor pool, fitness center, restaurant and business center. 

Could I be right to assume the first option is more of a boutique style, or are they just exceptionally stingy with the details? And the second option might be a larger chain? When I look at the 3 star hotels in the list, there are only the Wellington and the Holiday Inn Midtown.

Rates vary seasonally and from day-to-day. From around September to the middle of December is an expensive-to-very expensive time period in NYC, with only a few exceptions here-and-there during that period (such as the days before Thanksgiving.)

The hotel that is listed with only "pet friendly" does have more amenities then pet friendly. Price.line Express and Hot.wire do not list all of the amenities that the hotel offers in an attempt to remain more opaque.

Please provide the date/s of travel for your NYC stay and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Additionally, what would be your desired budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]