Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Millenium Knickerbocker

AaronJB
By AaronJB,
in

Got this for visiting family and, given the sharply varied reviews, was a little worried. However, upon arrival, they were actually given something of an upgrade to a 2-bed corner room which, based upon pictures I've seen and their opinions, was actually quite nice. Although I know this is an older hotel and rooms can probably vary pretty sharply, I might actually seek out this hotel in the future or, at least, if it comes up on PL, I won't be freaked.

Family members stayed at 3 different hotels in three different, yet not particularly far apart, areas of the city - first night was at the Holiday Inn City Center, second night (non-PL) was at the Hilton Garden Inn (which they quite liked) and third night was at the Millenium Knickerbocker. They actually ended up loving the sampling of different places and, the different areas actually worked out well. It seemed difficult to get all three days together when I bid, due to the parade on Saturday (the middle day), but this actually worked out better and, when the family returns, they actually want to do something similar again. They were also quite happy that I got them an average night's cost of $83 (+tax).

Goes to show, if you don't have a lot of baggage, spliting your bid in downtown Chicago is not a particularly bad idea, since the hotels in each of the two downtown zones are not *that* far from one another and the different locations will put you closer to various sites. Plus, if you're not that crazy about one hotel, you'll be in a different one the next night. Chicago's very easy to get around, too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]